Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Scotland
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Mentor Neurophysio or experienced in ABI

Hi I am nearly two years qualified and having been working in private practise within musculoskeletal with mentoring for the past year and a half. I also work in a support role with people who have an Acquired brain injury. I always wanted to develop into a neuro physiotherapist but I unfortunately never got a job within the NHS. I managed to gain lots of experience through networking, mentoring and courses within musculoskeletal and believe with support I can do the same in neuro.

I want to concentrate on Acquired brain injury for the next year or so as I am already working in this area so I have developed some knowledge that I would like to develop further. I have volunteered my services to headway and have completed the 3 Introduction to Wikipedia reference-linkBobath weekends. I live in Scotland and am looking for a mentor ( I am willing to pay whatever their hourly rate is) to support me through chatting on the phone weekly/e-mails and to meet up on a semi-regular basis to practise my skills. I don't mind how far I have to travel I am just desperate for some support. Would appreciate any advice/guidance as I feel quite passionate about developing in this area and feel this is the way I would like to go, I have now given up on the NHS after numerous attempts at trying to get a job and thousands of pounds spent on courses but I refuse to waste the education I worked so hard for so please please help.

Thankyou