Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Lumbar Spinal Fusion

Hello, In April 2010 I had a L5 foraminotomy, which didn't completely resolve (though did improve) my neurological symptoms, including radicular pain and weakness. I am still in a lot of pain today.

I have been referred to another neurosurgeon who has suggested L5 fusion as the only option. Given the amount of pain I am in and degree of debilitation, I am tending toward this, if it is true as the only solution. Prior to this injury I was a very active and athletic person. I am hoping to talk with other people who have had a successful lumbar spinal fusion, or perhaps others in the same decision-making situation that I am in.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Israel
    Current Location
    Haifa
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Lumbar Spinal Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by dibblego View Post
    Hello, In April 2010 I had a L5 foraminotomy, which didn't completely resolve (though did improve) my neurological symptoms, including radicular pain and weakness. I am still in a lot of pain today.

I have been referred to another neurosurgeon who has suggested L5 fusion as the only option. Given the amount of pain I am in and degree of debilitation, I am tending toward this, if it is true as the only solution. Prior to this injury I was a very active and athletic person. I am hoping to talk with other people who have had a successful lumbar spinal fusion, or perhaps others in the same decision-making situation that I am in.

Thanks.
    The problem of radial pains can arise in case of a pathology of a forward sheaf of backbone ALL. In this case a level hurt varies depending on position of a back. The inclination forward leads to reduction in a level of a pain, and the deflection back - causes strengthening hurt. Rise on ledderstrengthens a pain. Displacement of vertebracauses a syndromeforaminotomy. If you have these attributes, inform us and we can offer you means of treatment in the form of special flexible corset Lumbar Vertebral Belt which in current of 9 weeks liquidates your problem.