Country
    Flag of Israel
    Current Location
    Israel
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Question Question regarding chronic pain in the shoulder, neck and leg.

Hello,
    I am a 28 years old man, which suffers from multiple orthopedic and neurological issues. I would like to ask several questions regarding my condition and hopefully find a solution online.
    I am currently suffering from:
    · Pain and tension in my left shoulder, upper left back, jaw, left hand all the way to the fingers, left foot all the way to the fingers.
    · Pops and clicks in all of the related joints.
    · numbness in the left cheek, shoulder, arm and hand including the fingers (all of them), as well as the left foot..
    my background:
    I am working in front of the computer all day.
    I have suffered from pain that was caused by sub discharges of my left shoulder in the past years. on January 2013 I done the bankart repair shoulder arthroscopic stabilization surgery.
    2014 - Worsen of the mentioned pain, in addition I had pain and tension in my neck and jaw (TMJ).
    2015 - numbness and loss of feeling in hand, getting worse each day. pain in lower back and left lag (perhaps unrelated).
    I have tried several physical therapies, went to see several doctors, they suspect that I have disc problems in the neck and also carpel tunnel syndrome. they suggested another surgery.
    Tried acupuncture, it didn't help. maybe the therapist was not specialized to treat these kind of problems?
    I got appointments for CT scan for the neck and rheumatologist but its two months from now. my problems get worse every day and I have to fix them.
    Questions
    Could it be that the bankart repair surgery damaged some of my nerves?
    Do you know any other treatment which could be helpfull?
    I am from Israel but I am willing to do anything including travel in order to fix my problems.
    Thanks,
    Danni.

Similar Threads:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to danibbb For This Useful Post:

Question regarding chronic pain in the shoulder, neck and leg.

alicia_23 (17-08-2016)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    ludhiana
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Question regarding chronic pain in the shoulder, neck and leg.

Hi Danni, most probably all your problems have cervical origin. Since you have a schedule of long hours on computer, it may lead to tension in nerves arising from neck while at the same time there is a possibility of carpal tunnel syndrome alongside( this will give you numbness and tingling in middle finger, atleast initially when it started). Also like you have mentioned low backache and leg pain pointing to tight fascia and probable accompnying lumbar discogenic problem. the picture can only be clear with careful examination or x-ray/ct scan for a clearer view.
    In the mean time check your posture while working. keep your back supported, take small breaks and do simple stretches in it. Follow a proper flexibility regime routinely.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Other Allied Health Care Worker
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Question regarding chronic pain in the shoulder, neck and leg.

I understand nerve pain Most of the time it feels like nothing could or would help. I was born without a C1 (first vertebrae in neck) and so I have no/very little support for the back of my head. The weight pushes on my occipital nerve, pinching it and causing neck and head pain constantly. Watching my posture has made a big difference and just altering the way i do things. Have you tried Gabapentin? It is a medication that helps the impulse get through the nerve(s) and ultimately, the pain it causes. I was on it for years and it helped me a lot. Cold therapy always helps too.