Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

When should I opt for Neuro Physiotherapy for my back pain?

There are many causes of back pain. The back is made up of nerves, ligaments, muscles and bones. They provide support to our body and help us move around. Back pain can occur due to any of these problems. The most common causes of back pain identified by experts are-

Stretch: The strain on the back or any part of it may result from lifting of any heavy weight or as a result of sudden or awkward bending or movement. This can be due to the following-

Muscle strain or ligament strain: the condition of muscle cramp or tension can injure the ligament or can further lead to the damaged disc.

Structural problems, sciatica, ruptured or bulging disc can also cause the back pain. Our spine is made up of vertebrae interconnected with discs which are areas of tissue that act as cushions. These discs can become inflamed, bruised or herniated with age or due to injury, and may even rupture. This puts pressure on nearby nerves and can lead to back pain.