Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    Forum Member Array
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

re:Spinal Internal Fixation

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I am a physiotherapist who has been qualified for 3 years.
    Recently I sustained an L1 burst fracture which was managed with internal fixation, namely 'C-D instrumentation', which means I have 2 vertical rods, 3 horizontal large screws, and some other smaller screws and hooks inserted into my spine from T10-L2.
    I have been advised to wear a brace for 3 months.
    In my career, I have only seen patients with this type of surgery as in-patients. Has anyone treated similar patients later down the line? or does anyone know about the long term implications of this surgery or restrictions? My search of the 'physio library' did not really leave me very much more knowledgable. Can anyone advise me or give me any information?