Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Ankle Flexibility / Mobility

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on good exercises or even some resource i can get my hands on to improve ankle flexibility/mobility after an injury that immobilized my ankle for about 4 months.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

thx guys!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Ankle Flexibility / Mobility

so...... no feeback at all ? i was hoping someone out there would have some advice...

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Switzerland
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Ankle Flexibility / Mobility

Having read your previous posts it seems you were in therapy and then discharged to continue on your own. I assume the movements weren't quite back to normal when you were discharged. OK, health insurance is different in other countries, but I would not discharge anyone without giving them tips tricks and an idea of an exercise regime to continue mobilizing and strengthening and/or the possibility to call in or phone if it's not working out, or if pain is a problem in exercising . There are some movements that a physio may have to do passively to help you regain more dorsal fllexion and plantarflexion. Did you have any manual therapy done to aid mobilising? The rest is home programm doing what you learnt yourself if possible. We can't substitute completely online, assessment, hands on physiotherapy and exercise supervision. If you have completely forgotten the exercises you did when in therapy I suggest you arrange a couple of extra physio sessions and if it's complicated pay privately. Can you phone up the place you were at and ask for advice? Do you have a further appointment with the surgeon or is it all finished now?
    regards JM