Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hamstring tightness

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello friends can anyone suggest me which is beneficial treatment for hamstring tightness.
    Actually I want to study effect of Hold-relax V/s static passive stretching.
    but I am unable to find the proper position for the study and other criterias. so please help me in this study.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Hamstring tightness

The best hold relax position is the patient on the plint with the PT in a power stance with the patients leg resting on the PTs shoulder. Get the patient to push down for 10s and then stretch, passive stretching would be hip to 90 degrees maybe and then trying to straighten the leg.
    I find personally that alot of tight hamstrings are due to weak glut medius also, it would be interesting to find a correlation between the two, obviosuly the outcome measures would be difficult in finding the exact strength a patient has for glut med. maybe biofeedback?
    Apologies if you already know them hamstring positions which i suspect you probably do, these are the easiest for me anyways.
    Good luck,
    David.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

muscle energy techniques are also very useful for the treatment of hamstring tightness.
    these are based on the postisometric relaxation.
    patient is taken into hook lying and patient performs isometric contraction followed by stretching of hamstrings.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Victoria
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quick question: Have you checked his/her neurodynamics to see whether there is some Sciatic nerve involvement? Particularly relevant if you patient has had some hamstring trauma, and in particular repeated hamstring trauma.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Kenya
    Current Location
    United Arab Emirates
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Another important factor is any lumbar pathologies. Most poeple with back pain have tight hamstrings! It is a clear observation i have seen with all my patients. And by stretching out the hams, a definite relief is felt. Guess the correlation comes from the insertion point of the hams on the pelvis and the tilting positions of the pelvis.

Another factor is the height of the patient (tall have tighter hams!!!) and history of sporting activities (the sporty ones usually have more supple hams as they know the importance of keeping them loose)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Assistant
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

You can go for Ultrasound physiotherapy, It will give you proper pain relief. This therapy helps to reduce pain. While healing your body’s deep tissue, stress and muscle tightness and backpain can connect back to the root cause of your pain. Ultrasound therapy effects help to soften tissue cell metabolism. It helps to increase blood flow, it makes the cells more receptive to healing fluids. Ultrasound US111 is the modern device which help to release ‘Endorphins’ which is natural healing chemical released by body to heal pain. US111 therapy uses the natural approach without any side effects. For better results and improvement and it is easy to carry anywhere anytime. US111 will give you best results at home you should try out and check the best features of US111 :- https://ultracarepro.in/product/us-1...le-ultrasound/

- - - Updated - - -