Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    uk
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

i am 6 weeks post op for an ankle fracture. the cast is off and im in a boot. i know the swelling is gonna take a long time to go but can i assist this with ice packs

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    i am 6 weeks post op for an ankle fracture with 1 pin 2 plates and few screws. the cast is now of and ive been told i should weight bear as much as possible.
    My question is, can i ice my ankle, and if so can i put my foot in a bucket of ice water. 30 seconds in 1 minute out or should i just use an ice pack.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Thiruvananthapuram,Kerala
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: i am 6 weeks post op for an ankle fracture. the cast is off and im in a boot. i know the swelling is gonna take a long time to go but can i assist this with ice packs

You have not specifically mentioned which bone is fractured. Any way using a ice pack is the right thing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mathewvarghese For This Useful Post:

i am 6 weeks post op for an ankle fracture. the cast is off and im in a boot. i know the swelling is gonna take a long time to go but can i assist this with ice packs

dave walker (09-12-2015)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    uk
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: i am 6 weeks post op for an ankle fracture. the cast is off and im in a boot. i know the swelling is gonna take a long time to go but can i assist this with ice packs

hi, Broke Tib and Fib and dislocated ankle. the plate is on the Fibula

- - - Updated - - -

i am 6 weeks post op for an ankle fracture with 1 pin 2 plates and few screws. the cast is now of and ive been told i should weight bear as much as possible.
    My question is, can i ice my ankle, and if so can i put my foot in a bucket of ice water. 30 seconds in 1 minute out or should i just use an ice pack.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Thiruvananthapuram,Kerala
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

you can use ice packs on your ankle, but do not put your ankle into the ice bucket, it can cause ice burns.It is advisable to mobilize the ankle joint and wrap an elastocrepe bandage while walking using a elbow crutch.

- - - Updated - - -

you can use ice packs on your ankle, but do not put your ankle into the ice bucket, it can cause ice burns.It is advisable to mobilize the ankle joint and wrap an elastocrepe bandage while walking using a elbow crutch.