Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    junior_physiotherapist

Lightbulb CDH (Congenital Dysplasia of the Hip) Therapeutic Exercises

Cerebral Palsy In Infancy
    Hi colleagues: Would you please give me notes/advices about therapeutic exercises for CDH cases.

Generally and if you can make some specifics (history child, female, 2yr, post operative CDH bilaterally since one week, have been in cast for more than 3 months, no other associated proplems, limited RMO hips & knees (painfully), all the time she is crying!

Actively and some passively, she have a smaller brother being have same problem!!

**if this beside some other physical therapy (as what) modalities will have a benefit...

Any reply appreciated, Many thanks

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by physiobob; 17-02-2007 at 11:10 AM.

phunphysio

Red face Re: CDH therapeutic exercises

Best to get this 2 year old in the pool. Most of the kids come out of the spica's tight in hips and knees but love kicking in the water or monkey walking around the edges of a pool. Land based exercises will be beneficial when she has the confidence that she can move without pain and stiffness but best to achieve this in a warm pool. If you dont have access tell the parent to go to the local pool and laminate a sheet of activities for them to do. Land wise its normal activities for a 2 year old-squatting, climbing, riding a bike...Hope this helps.

junior_physiotherapist

Re: CDH therapeutic exercises

thanks alot of phunphysio ,
    but my question is kids post operatives for one week/s are able to make sittings !! what about fragile healing tissues if she is fit to sit ,also please enligten me practically if there are any contraindications for specifics ROM!!

all best