Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

chest physiotherapy for neonates

Cerebral Palsy In Infancy
    Hello. Does anyone of you use manual vibrations and thorax compressions when giving chest physio to neonates and prematures with CLD (chronic lung disease or BPD) ? I´d like to hear about your experiences. Do you find it effective ? Is there any research done in this field?

Similar Threads:

physiok
    Dear you,
    I wrote my thesis on this precise subject, University Diploma of Paediatric physiotherapy, Paris V University of medecine, 1994.
    You can get it there (in french), or contact me if you need further informations about the bibliography.
    Good luck

rpreetipj
    can u send me a copy too of ur research work i ll really be intersted to use some of them for cases seen here

physiok
    Hi!
    I'm not sure the message was for me but anyway...
    I wrote my thesis on a Macintosh Powerbook laptop with Ragtime so if you're able to read it I can send you the whole lot.
    My husband is trying to get it back to Word, so hopefully it will be available soon.
    Otherwise you can find a lot of informations in french books and maybe some abstracts translated on Medline.
    About the technics themselves (AFE created in 1970 by Joel Barthe, Guy Postiaux ELTGOL)
    or about neonatal intensive care chest physiotherapy, use key words as Vincon, Fausser, Remondiere, who are the most famous physios in France in this area.
    The method itself is extremely efficient (in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany etc... whe have over 35 years experience in it), but mastering it needs more knowledge than just "vibration and compression", you must know all the parameters of thermodynamic physics of the lung, blood gas parameters, anatomy and physiology of the lungs depending of the age and the kind of disease, and blood pressure effect linked to it to choose the exact way to use it properly on a child. On prematured low weight babies, specially with MMMh or BPD a wrong choice might be lethal.
    Good luck in your research.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Cuba
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Hello,
    MY name is Riany and I'm very interested on your thesis. Where do you live?
    Could you send me your email?
    my emai is [email protected]
    hugs
    Riany

Quote Originally Posted by physiok View Post
    Hi!
    I'm not sure the message was for me but anyway...
    I wrote my thesis on a Macintosh Powerbook laptop with Ragtime so if you're able to read it I can send you the whole lot.
    My husband is trying to get it back to Word, so hopefully it will be available soon.
    Otherwise you can find a lot of informations in french books and maybe some abstracts translated on Medline.
    About the technics themselves (AFE created in 1970 by Joel Barthe, Guy Postiaux ELTGOL)
    or about neonatal intensive care chest physiotherapy, use key words as Vincon, Fausser, Remondiere, who are the most famous physios in France in this area.
    The method itself is extremely efficient (in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany etc... whe have over 35 years experience in it), but mastering it needs more knowledge than just "vibration and compression", you must know all the parameters of thermodynamic physics of the lung, blood gas parameters, anatomy and physiology of the lungs depending of the age and the kind of disease, and blood pressure effect linked to it to choose the exact way to use it properly on a child. On prematured low weight babies, specially with MMMh or BPD a wrong choice might be lethal.
    Good luck in your research.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Malaysia
    Current Location
    Lost World of CitiTel
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: chest physiotherapy for neonates

HI guys...

What you all think bout suctioning for neonates and prematures with CLD (chronic lung disease or BPD)..?? any opinion and comment will be appreciated.. thanks in advance...

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Mumbai
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi. even i am interested in ur thesis. plz send me a copy of the same. my mail id is [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi! Even I'm also interested in your Thesis.Can you please send me a copy of it, my mail id is [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi could you pls send me a copy of ur thesis??
    thanks for the same

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Pakistan
    Current Location
    Pakistan
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Chest vibrations and compressions applied during the expiratory phase of respiration ( although used for adults) can be effective in neanates and prematures with chronic lung disease. Have a look over some source of information as under.

Secretion Clearance—Principles and Practice

Physiotherapy for airway clearance in paediatrics

Physiotherapy in respiratory disease

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Hungary
    Current Location
    hungary
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

dear Physiok,
    I realise it is an old topic,but I hope u look in sometime,or u get my message...I am very intrested in ur research,if there r any chance u could send it to me ,I'd be very-very greatful...... sophie [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    bangalore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

is there is any therapy protocols in neonatal icu....?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi guys, i am find some information about chest physiotherapy for neonates if anyone have some information related chest physiotherapy for neonates send me my e-mail ID [email protected].

[URL="http://freemovietag.blogspot.com"]Movies Blogspot[/URL] | [URL="http://freemovietag.blogspot.com"]Dvdrip Movies[/URL]

estherderu

dear everyone,

Am coping my thread regarding Vojta therapy and a recent study of Vojta for neonates.

As you can read in this forum I am a Vojta therapist from Holland and I do not use the 'method' Vojta any more.
    But, in every method you will find little practical gems that you use and integrate into normal practice.

The only part of the treatment I did keep using was the position spoken of in the article attached below.
    The difference being that when using this technique I do not hold the head in place, but talk to the babies in order to facilitate that they will actively turn to me to look at me. By holding my hand against the back of their heads I would stop them turning their heads back and they do not mind this (in most cases).
    By doing so I feel I have been integrating the new motor theories and my clinical experience.
    This technique helps activate the diaphragma and stomach muscles.

This 'first position' was used to treat infants in the hospital under medical supervision in this study about chest physiotherapy in preterm infants with lung diseases. It is a free access article and you can read it online. It was published in the Italian Journal of Pediatrics. Chest physiotherapy in preterm infants with lung diseases http://www.ijponline.net/content/36/1/65

This is the first study I have found in a long time regarding Vojta.

I do recommend not using this technique without the proper training.

Esther