CT, USA
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Unhappy Shoulder surgery gone wrong???

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    hello all....some assistance is needed and any information is greatly appreciated...at that......

I had surgery after my junior year of football on my left shoulder (missed last two and biggest games!!) well it was called a sublux...the doctor apparently sewed the shoulder back together as he explained it to me.after the surgery on dec 17th (bday is christmas too) i rehabbed into july...after which i completely cleared and even urged by my doc to continue playing football...i was named captain during my rehab so i was willing and excited to return to my passion...i returned for a very successful senior year and all was well...(i also didnt ever feel like myself again which i will get into in a minute --which forced me to turn down scholarships and essentially not feel ready to persue my dream any further)....i'm 21 now and within the past 6 months have noticed (perhaps allowed conciously) that my body is in hell....my shoulder is "fine"....no pain of any real sort....my bigger concearn is my bodies symbiotic ability....and general lack of symmetry...in short i feel like my left side is sliding off my body...you name it it doesnt feel "right"...my arm muscles are all weaker...my left leg is weaker...from neck to finger down to the toes...my left side is struggling...my TRUE worry's are my lat trap hip and back muscles on my left side ....my contention is that the right side of my body (both normally and because of strong will and necessity to push it and be normal) is ALLOWING my left side to do nothing....i have a new pair of addidas sandals that form to your feet eventually to make them more comfortable...and visually i can see the load my right side is under ( the left sandal has drastically less effects from what i can see is just simply weight on it)...being that i had a shoulder surgery...i cannot imagine this would ever happen...i almost convinced myself i'd be okay if one arm never worked okay again...but my whole left side for lack of better terms...slacking off??? it uncomprehensible to me...other than the normal call a doctor blah blah...i would appreciate any experiences and insights that could allow me to further educate myself...understand possible avenues...or become more comfortable...and gain trust that maybe another surgery would not only fix...but hold up????....i'm scared of surgery again...and would appreciate ANY info on this....it would mean the world to a very young kid who still feels very physical and is willing to overcoem ANYTHING to feel "normal" again????

post script.....i also have lifted since (and until the recent 6 months or so as explained) with professional trainers (i'm not a body builder and do not bulk)....did many exercised to test and stretch and tighten etc....but to be honest....i cannot seem to "tap into" my left side...even with guidance of professional therapist and such my right side will not let my left side receive any benefit from anything physical...