Hi, I'm new to the forum so please bear with me.

So the patient is me. I'm an 2nd year physio student & I've noticed a pain occasionally in my R wrist, particularly aggravated by W/B full extension. It seems to be radial & dorsal, in the joint space close to where ECRL runs. I first noticed it when I was about 13 (so 5 years ago) and I couldn't do push-ups because of the wrist position (so I used those grip things instead). However, since I started the course & we've been doing more & more mobilisations the pain has come back. It seems that the main thing that aggravates it is full W/B extension but once it's become aggravated it's painful in W/B flexion, as well as EOR F & E. It doesn't hurt in radial or ulnar deviation, supination or pronation. There also seems to be some kind of clicking when I go rapidly from E to F, which is more noticeable when supinated. No P & N or numbness and I think everything else is pretty much normal (except my intrinsic hand muscles are a bit weak). One other thing is that I have pretty much no radial deviation in either wrist (passive or active) but it's been like that forever, so I'm not at all worried about it, but I just thought that it might have some kind of anatomical implications or something.

In terms of a past history, I play netball & have for 10 years so I've injured pretty much everything there is to injure. I haven't had any particular problems with my wrists (apart from what I noticed with push-ups) but I've fallen on them a few times, but never with any kind of lasting pain. I guess that kind of takes care of social history too.

Oh, and I do get pain in both wrists with WB extension, it's just I don't ever really go into that position doing manips of anything with my L so it isn't really a problem.

The pain is probably about 5/10 with aggs and 1/10 without aggs in the couple of hours after I've aggravated it, otherwise there's no pain. The pain is deep & reasonably sharp. There isn't really any 24hr behaviour because it's just activity dependent.

Does anyone have any ideas for diagnosis or treatment?