Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

median meniscus complications

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation

hello,
    I am a soccer player and i have injury complications...... well my story begins around nov 2009 when i was playing in the morning, i went for the ball when it was in the air i was standing on one leg(ie my left leg, the leg which is injured now) when suddenly i felt pain on my patellar tendon region it was swollen i saw a ortho and he told me to take rest and go for ift and ust treatment and i did just just that..... One month passed and i came to play again this time when i kicked the ball i felt like my leg(same left leg) just tore from the inside.... i went to another ortho this time he took scans some ultra sonic scan or something and told me that my median Wikipedia reference-linkmeniscus had been torn grade 2 and didnt require surjury he told me to take 6 weeks rest and i followed. Then i came back to play after there was no pain and started by jogging, i eventually started lapping 3200 metres and then is when i got the similar pain which i got in november 2009 but there was no much swelling but severe pain i couldnt walk i couldnt climb steps so i went to a physio that my mom sudjusted they greatly reduced the pain but every time i play the pain returned to the physio told me to meet another ortho and told me that he was a sports ortho and that he would do me good.... i met him and he told me to take an Wikipedia reference-linkmri scan... i did that and that reports showed that my meniscus had torn and that my patellar tendon had sustained damage the sports ortho then told me to take 2 months rest and do some exercises that he taught(some exercise similar to squats) and to come to visit him after that he also told me that he thinks, that the meniscus is not torn but degenerated i dont know the difference though.... i am waiting for 2 months now.... so i wish to humbly ask if anyone out there has encountered an injury similar to mine.... please advice!! it would be much appreciated..

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: median meniscus complications

You can't go from rest back to full playing. Your physio should be able to offer you a graded approach to returning to full fitness which should include drills that relate to football. Most meniscal issues don't need surgery. Also most meniscal injuries take 24hrs to swell post damage so if that original injury swelled up quickly, mins or hrs, then it probably wasn't from the Wikipedia reference-linkmeniscus.

Any laxity in your Wikipedia reference-linkcruciate ligaments? Did the Wikipedia reference-linkMRI show that the ACL and PCL are intact and normal?

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    adyar> chennai> tamil nadu> india
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: median meniscus complications

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Quote Originally Posted by physiobob View Post
    You can't go from rest back to full playing. Your physio should be able to offer you a graded approach to returning to full fitness which should include drills that relate to football. Most meniscal issues don't need surgery. Also most meniscal injuries take 24hrs to swell post damage so if that original injury swelled up quickly, mins or hrs, then it probably wasn't from the meniscus.

Any laxity in your cruciate ligaments? Did the MRI show that the ACL and PCL are intact and normal?
    The scan reports said that only my pattelar tendon was damaged and my Wikipedia reference-linkmeniscus(median) was damaged, but i do remember my ortho telling me(after seeing the scan himself) that my ACL was damaged but on examining CLINICALLY he said that it was fine, i also asked the physio after that and he told me that IF my ALF was indeed damaged i would be limping and there would be "giving out" of the knee which i have never encountered.......