Flag of United States
    Current Location
    US of A
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 55, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 11 months, Symptom Behaviour: worse at times, same at times., Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): During activity., Aggravating Factors:: Activity, Easing Factors:: Rest, ice, Investigations: MRI, Ultrasound, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: No

Elbow MRI results

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I had an MRI in June to see what's behind my stubborn tennis elbow which I've been fighting since January of this year. I finally saw the doctor yesterday to get the results.

As expected, the MRI shows lateral epicondylitis, but the report includes some other findings that the doctor didn't mention, and I didn't see them in the report until I got home. Can someone explain what the followings suggest, especially the first one?

Bone bruise and bone marrow edema is also seen along the lateral aspect of the radial head as well as the lateral epicondyle itself.

Mild joint effusion is seen in the elbow joint predominantly along the lateral aspect.

I can't imagine how bone bruise and bone marrow edema could play into this... my injury is due to overuse, not a traumatic external injury.