Flag of United States
    Current Location
    New York
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 22, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 2 years, Symptom Behaviour: Remaining constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): No, Aggravating Factors:: Exercise, Investigations: I had an X-ray but no bones were seen to be affected, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Wrist, Hand - Posterior - Left

Wrist, Hand - Posterior - Right

Wrist, Hand - Anterior - Left

Wrist, Hand - Anterior - Right

Exclamation Wrist Pain :(

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi,

I've been training with weights on and off for a couple of years (nothing very big!) and have seemed to have damaged my wrists. My left wrist has a ganglion cyst and limited movement whilst my right wrist doesn't have anything obviously wrong with it aside from me not being able to put pressure on it. An example would be when doing a press up it hurts or if I fell and put my hand down to save my fall. This pain that I get from pressure (on both wrists) means that I cannot do most exercises e.g. push ups, dips or use weights (I will not use weights ever again incase they make the problem worse). It's been like this for two years now and I'm extremely skinny with out much muscle due to these problems. I am a 22 year old male. Would you be able to provide any assistance with this problem? It would be greatly appreciated and improve my quality of life drastically.

Thanks a lot for any help you might be able to give me,

Rory

P.s

I should also add that when I try and do press ups using my fists or dips, then the wrists starts to hurt after a few sessions and so I stop.
    I also had an x-ray and no bones seemed to be affected (from a primary care physician)