Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 28, Male, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Ankle - Left

undisplaced tip of lateral malleolus fracture below syndesmosis

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi

I am a 28 year old male ( 180 cm 70 KG) and actively involved in fitness/physical activities.

I severely twisted my ankle on 6th Dec 2014 while playing tennis as I landed my left leg on the tennis ball and heard a pop sound as I fell down due to imbalance. For few minutes the pain was severe and I had shivering in my left ankle. I checked for the movement of my ankle and I could move it freely with slight pain. After some time I was able to put slight weight on it(it was paining) and walked back home. I used ice compression and crepe bandage to keep the ankle in position for next 2 days. I thought it was severe sprain as I was able to put weight on my left leg and walk around(with pain though).

Over the next 7 days the swelling subsided but the ankle joint still had pain and I difficulty putting full weight on my left leg. I went to doctor on 13 Dec 2014 and he suggested X Ray. The diagnosis was undisplaced tip of lateral malleolus fracture below syndesmosis. He said it is a hairline fracture. He did not tell about ligament damage. He said that I need to keep my ankle in plaster for a month and no severe activities like running jogging till 3 months. And I should be able to able to reach my full potential after 3 months. They put plaster on my left leg and I can't put the foot down. He suggested to not put any weight on the left leg till the plaster is removed. I have attached all the files from xray and doctor diagnosis report.

I want to have 2nd opinion from experts in this forum and users who have had such kind of injury. I want to know how is the prognosis for this type of injury. I am a very physically active person and regularly jog and play tennis, go for hikes, skip ropes, etc. How will this injury affect my physical activities? Will I be able to recover to my full potential? How much time will it take and what precautions and measures I must take to have better recovery chances?

Thanks
    Nik