Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    England
    Member Type
    Exercise Therapist/Fitness Professional
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Male, Presenting Problem Since: 6-8 months, Symptom Behaviour: Remaining constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): After exercise, Aggravating Factors:: Exercise, Easing Factors:: Nothing, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Knee - Posterior - Right

Knee - Anterior - Right

ACL reconstruction 5 years on and having issues

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi there,
    I personally had a ACL reconstruction after a non contact Rugby injury and successfully went through rehab to get back playing after approx 1 year. This was keyhole surgery using a hamstring graft.
    Its now 5 years on and over the last Rugby season I have been experiencing swelling after any sort of training, including games, gym based and Rugby specific training.
    The knee is not overly painful day to day but I am unable to produce as much power through my right knee when running, squatting, lunging etc and can become painful when I do compared to the left.
    To add to this i have been experiencing a sort of clunking when I flex and extend my knee just to the medial side of the patella.
    Just after a bit of advice to whether physiotherapy treatment would be advisable or whether I would need to seek an MRI to have a look and make a better diagnosis.
    Thanks in advance
    Tony