Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 23, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 5 YEARS, Symptom Behaviour: Worse, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Anytime, Aggravating Factors:: Exercise, Easing Factors:: Nothing, Investigations: X-ray showed the plate hadn't moved, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Calf, Achilles - Posterior - Left

Shin - Anterior - Left

Ankle - Left

Foot - Posterior - Left

Metal plate in ankle/left leg

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi All,

5 years go I dislocated my ankle which broke my fibula in my left leg. It was quite a complicated break as it was twisted and slightly split.

I had an operation where they put in a metal plate and 6 screws. I was not offered any physio treatment or anything so had 5 months out then went back to playing football.

Last summer when I started pre season training I was getting a lot of pain in my ankle and into where the plate sits, the docs sent me for an x-ray which showed the plate hadn't moved and I was sent on my way. I have recently started pre season tranining again and due to the hard ground I'm now having issues again. Ankle pain and swelling and sharp pains into my leg where the plate is.

Any ideas what the issue may be? Anything I can do? I can do about 15mins then the pain starts.

Emma
    P.s. I play football but I am a goalkeeper