Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    lincoln, UK
    Member Type
    Exercise Therapist/Fitness Professional
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 33, Male, Presenting Problem Since: As long as I can remember, Symptom Behaviour: Constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Same, Aggravating Factors:: Stretching, running, Easing Factors:: Not stretching!, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Thigh, Hamstrings - Posterior - Left

Thigh, Hamstrings - Posterior - Right

Calf, Achilles - Posterior - Left

Calf, Achilles - Posterior - Right

Sciatic nerve and hamstring flexibility

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi all.

First time post.

I've always had poor hamstring flexibility. However, stretching the same hamstrings always felt different to stretching other muscles.

If I was the stretch my hamstring (ie standing stretch) I get tingling in my toes and it feels uncomfortable. Even as I sit here on my sofa and I raise my leg a little and dorsi flex my ankle I get a tingle in my toes and pain in the calf and back of knee. It's even uncomfortable to put one foot on the toilet seat and bend over to cut my toe nails!!

I have no sciatic pain other than this.

Any ideas how to increase hamstring flexibility. I've tried nerve mobs but not sure it's working? I've been told that trying to stretch the hamstrings will cuases the situation to get worse as the hams are tight to protect a impinged nerve...

Help 😊