Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    West Lothian
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 32, Female, Presenting Problem Since: 6 months, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): night/morning, Aggravating Factors:: strain on arm/shoulder, Easing Factors:: heat, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, Medications: Inhalers for Asthma, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: no

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Shoulder - Anterior - Right

Elbow, Forearm - Anterior - Right

Rotator Cuff and Tennis Elbow

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi All,

Looking for some help. I damaged my rotator cuff in January this year and have been moving it and using resistance band for stretching it as well as daily chores and lifting my heavy 3 year old nephew. In March I hit my elbow and it was causing me issues on holiday and providing shooting pains over the elbow and pins and needles down my arm so I attended the doctor again May 20th who said it was tennis elbow. The advised that I should move my shoulder but keep my elbow still.

I got referred to Physio through my employer and had my first appointment today and I am in agony following it. He said the joint is stiff and that is what's causing the issue in my shoulder. He was very rough and when I asked him to stop as it was so painful when he was pressing into the joint he said if he continued was I going to cry but continued anyway.

I have been moving my shoulder and doing things with the shoulder and not just keeping it immobile as he suggested.

I'm just looking for some advice if the pain and pressure was so bad I asked him to stop should he have? Would putting hard pressure onto the joint in shoulder/Rotator cuff cause that much pain if the joint was just stiff? I had been swimming yesterday and had a deep tissue massage so I thought my shoulder was loose compared to normal.

Thanks so much for your help in advance

Natasha