Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Grimsby
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 43, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 3/4 years, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): anytime, Aggravating Factors:: bending knees, kneeling down for long periods, Easing Factors:: straightening my legs, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: no

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Knee - Posterior - Left

Knee - Posterior - Right

Knee - Anterior - Left

Knee - Anterior - Right

Muscle problems around knees

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi,

New to the forum so hello everyone..

I have problems around the muscles associated around my knees...

I cannot find anything at all slightly resembling my problem on the internet, my doctor says its most probably arthritis and bats me off..

Background,
    I have had a bursa at the back of my right knee a few years back which has cleared up.
    I have had problems with ligaments on the outer side of my right knee which has cleared up
    I have had small unobstructive bouts of lower back pain which is fine at the minute.
    I have had a DVT in my right calf
    I have had a Plantar fasciitis on my right foot for over two years which has finally subsided and seems to be healing.

The problem i have is my muscles surrounding my knees on both legs ache like tooth ache pain when i crouch squat down, i feel like a old man. theres no knee pain just muscle ache.
    When i kneel down after a couple of minutes i have to straighten my legs or change position and straighten my legs out to relieve the pain.
    A fully bent knee aches where the two big tendons come down from my hamstring at the back of my knee.

Its very strange problem that i cannot compare anywhere and feel it must be old age.

Any help would be great to even knowing what i might be suffering from...

regards
    lee