Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Somewhere in the world
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 28, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 3 years, Symptom Behaviour: worse, Aggravating Factors:: exersize, Investigations: Accessory ossicles at the anterior aspect of the tailus, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Ankle - Right

Ankle surgeon recommendations?

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hello all, I'm new here, great to see such an active forum.. Hope I can be of help to someone at some point!

I've recently conducted an x-ray and MRI, which showed that I have "Accessory ossicles at the anterior aspect of the tailus" , I have piece of bone that isn't attached to any other bones that shouldn't be there and is causing inflammation when I swim (daily) and do other sports (snowboarding mostly).

I was recommended surgery by my doctor (outside the UK) and I am looking to find a good surgeon in the UK, preferably London, who can perform the surgery. I keep seeing the name Mr. James D F Calder, but I've also read bad reviews about him here on the forum.

Are there any surgeons anyone can recommend for this procedure? Tried and true?

Much obliged in advance!