Flag of Croatia
    Current Location
    Vienna
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 28, Male, Investigations: cartilage lesion grade 4 on lateral femoral condylus, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Knee - Anterior - Right

Question Had a knee surgery (cartilage repair) yesterday. Cannot attend physical therapies due to COVID19 situation. Any advice will be appretiated.

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Dear PT’s, I am aware that it is not recommended to ask for medical advice online but I am in a difficult situation because I can’t attend physical therapies due to COVID19 situation. 6 weeks ago I injured my knee while i was playing football (soccer). It turned out that I have cartilage lesion grade 4 (severe) on lateral femoral condylus. Yesterday I had the surgery. They removed the teared part of the cartilage, shrunk my ACL a bit (because it was stretched) drilled through the bone to let marrow from the bone out and filled it with some compound (I believe it is called ChondroFiller). It was done arthroscopically and I was home the same day.

I already had 2 surgeries (meniscus and ACL reconstruction) with appropriate rehabilitations. I also did a lot of research on required physical therapy exercises that are required after those surgeries so I know what should be done in those cases. The problem is that I don’t know how similar or different is rehabilitation process after this latest surgery where my cartilage was treated?

For example, I know it is important to start with passive mobility soon, but I am not sure when can I start with that and in which range of motion? When can I start with active mobility, such as leg flexions while I am laying on the stomach? When is it recommended to start cycling without resistance? When should I start with exercises such as raising legs while they are in extended position (with flexed quadriceps)?

Thank you for any advice in advance!