Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 28, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 1.5 years, Symptom Behaviour: Slowly better, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Evening, Aggravating Factors:: Bad posture, too much or to little activity, stress, Easing Factors:: Exercise, activity generally, heat, Investigations: Slight decrease in disc height in c2, c3, and small bony spurs forming there as well. Apparently it is mild enough to no be a major problem yet, and is not uncommon., No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: No

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Head, Neck - Posterior

Lumbar, Spine - Posterior

Looking for Learning Resources Related to Chronic Neck Pain

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I have been having chronic pain with my neck and lower back for about 1.5 years now. I am seeing a physiotherapist, and have tried chiropractic, massage, and occupational therapy. The core of my treatment currently is the McKenzie Method, coupled with some strength exercises for the core, neck and back. My condition is slowly improving, but getting a complete (or near complete) recovery is proving very challenging.

I want to educate myself on my neck and lower back issues. In particular, I am looking to learn more about different treatment methods and the theories behind them. Some of the topics of interest are: exercise and treatment methods, postural correction, and general spine knowledge as it pertains to chronic pain and therapy.

Does anyone have any recommendations for books (maybe textbooks), websites, forums, and/or youtube channels to learn more about these things? Or perhaps just keywords that I could use to find such resources? I have already read several of McKenzie's books.

Thanks all!