Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    United Kingdom
    Member Type
    Exercise Therapist/Fitness Professional
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 50, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 3 years, Symptom Behaviour: constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): during the day especially if sitting, Aggravating Factors:: bending forward, Easing Factors:: leaning back and pushing chest upwards, Investigations: neck x-ray, ultrasound and mri to abdomen, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues, Other Info: no

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Thoracic Spine

Shoulder - Posterior - Right

Hip, Groin, Pelvis - Anterior - Right

Referred pain to right groin area that is relieved by pressure to lower right posterior ribs

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    About three years ago I was doing a lot of gym, abs, cycling and running when I started getting a pain in my lower right abdomen and groin area. After lots of examinations doctors found nothing wrong with this area. However, a physio has told me that it may be due to a tear in the QL and used ultrasound and prescribed cool pads to be applied a few times throughout the day. This did not seem to help at all so I thought I would do some online research.

I have found that the pain is relieved by any pressure to the posterior lower right ribs - near the outside of the chest - not near the spine. As the pain goes so it is replaced by an ache in the same area - maybe rib 8. It feels like the ribs can move a bit in a grinding way on that side. Any ideas what it could be and what stretches I can do?

I am trying to stretch out the hip flexors, QL and lats. Back exercises seem to help such as superman. It does look like my left hip is a bit higher than my right.