Uk
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Shoulder pain

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi, I have pain in the rear of my left shoulder and am only able to keep my arm elevated to relieve pain. When I press behind my shoulder there is pain behind where my shoulder blade is; not right at the top, but in the middle. I can't sleep on any side and can only sleep on my back with my left arm outstretched. I cannot bend forward without pain and reach downward. I have to walk everywhere with my arm up in the air, to avoid the pain. I have only had it for about three days and have no idea what I've done to damage anything. All I can recall is propping myself up on pillows a few days ago and feeling stiff afterwards. The pain is now spreading down my arm and feels like the pain I had when I had tennis elbow. I realise that I must seek help, but there are no available immediate appointments and I would just like some advice about what I can do to improve matters. I have no pain in my chest or breathing problems. It feels like damage pain as opposed to symptomatic of something else pain. Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Vickytom9; 18-11-2021 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Sp

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Romania
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Shoulder pain

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickytom9 View Post
    Hi, I have pain in the rear of my left shoulder and am only able to keep my arm elevated to relieve pain. When I press behind my shoulder there is pain behind where my shoulder blade is; not right at the top, but in the middle. I can't sleep on any side and can only sleep on my back with my left arm outstretched. I cannot bend forward without pain and reach downward. I have to walk everywhere with my arm up in the air, to avoid the pain. I have only had it for about three days and have no idea what I've done to damage anything. All I can recall is propping myself up on pillows a few days ago and feeling stiff afterwards. The pain is now spreading down my arm and feels like the pain I had when I had tennis elbow. I realise that I must seek help, but there are no available immediate appointments and I would just like some advice about what I can do to improve matters. I have no pain in my chest or breathing problems. It feels like damage pain as opposed to symptomatic of something else pain. Thank you.

Hi,

This seems it's an old post and I am assuming that you have been seen by now and things have been sorted out. Did the exam reveal that it was related to your neck/shoulder blade muscles referring pain down the arm?

Thank you,
    Nicoleta