Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Lateral Sprained ankle nearly 3 weeks ago & little movement, pain, reswelling - any advice?

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi all,

I really could do with some advice. I was playing football and got slide tackled hard from the right and rolled my ankle and fell on it. It massively ballooned up but not fractured.

In the last week when swelling went down been trying to do exercises with it however it mostly just swells again.
    Now i’m giving it another attempt of movement and i’m unsure what i’ve done as i’ve not regained full mobility. I beleive ive got a lateral sprain/ possible high sprain due to pain down side of bone and squishy part below ankle bone.

When seated, If i point both feet to the sky with the heal touching the floor i can’t put down the injured foot fully and it shakes. I’m also experiencing instability.

Can anyone give me any advice and how long to stay out of football for, i doubt i’ll return before xmas.

Thank you in advance!