Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Massachusetts
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 36, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 2 weeks, Symptom Behaviour: Worsening, especially in the morning, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): Morning, Aggravating Factors:: Sleeping, moving, Easing Factors:: Nothing really, just wears off, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Shoulder - Posterior - Left

Shoulder - Anterior - Left

Exclamation SLAP labrum repair healing and pain process

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    Hi, had a SLAP repair done 2 weeks ago. Wondering what pain and discomfort level is normal; I feel like pain is going backwards or getting worse, especially when I wake up from a night's sleep. Still sleeping on my back, in a sling.

When doing pt movements, still getting some zaps and pings of pain which seems normal, I just want to make sure someone else out there agrees.

Also have had a few clicks and one gigantic loud crack when getting up from a reclined position .

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Regina
    Member Type
    Dr or General Practitioner (GP)
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: SLAP labrum repair healing and pain process

Quote Originally Posted by Rlino85 View Post
    Hi, had a SLAP repair done 2 weeks ago. Wondering what pain and discomfort level is normal; I feel like pain is going backwards or getting worse, especially when I wake up from a night's sleep. Still sleeping on my back, in a sling.

When doing pt movements, still getting some zaps and pings of pain which seems normal, I just want to make sure someone else out there agrees.

Also have had a few clicks and one gigantic loud crack when getting up from a reclined position .

Thank you
    If you are still having significant pain, then a low grade infection with an acne producing germ p.acnes might be the cause. Blood work is normal and imaging so so. Read article and take to your surgeon:
    Horneff III, John G., et al. "Propionibacterium acnes infection in shoulder arthroscopy patients with postoperative pain." Journal of shoulder and elbow surgery 24.6 (2015): 838-843
    Propionibacterium acnes infection in shoulder arthroscopy patients with postoperative pain - ScienceDirect

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Massachusetts
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: SLAP labrum repair healing and pain process

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Thank you for your response, I will look into this and discuss it further with my dr.

So far 4 weeks later, my pain has decreased but am worried about a circulation issue. My left hand seems to have a slightly off color compared to my other. No swelling, no tender spots on my arm. Not sure what to think of it, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated