Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Austin
    Member Type
    General Public
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

Age: 33, Male, Presenting Problem Since: 2 weeks, Symptom Behaviour: remaining constant, Symptoms Worse (24hr Behaviour): no, Aggravating Factors:: quick unpredictable movements, Easing Factors:: doesn't hurt when I'm just sitting around, No Investigations, No Diabetes, No history of High Blood Pressure, No Medications, No Osteoporosis, No Hx of Cancer, No Unexplained Weight Loss, No Bowel/Bladder issues

Major problem / Symptomatic Areas

Knee - Posterior - Left

Inner Pain in Knee, Inward Movements Hurt, Walking is Funny - but Can squat 405LB+ and Deadlift 455LB+ with 0 pain?

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    I would appreciate if anyone can point me in right direction. I tried to go running 2 weeks ago for first time in a decade with the nice weather. You would laugh at how far and much I did but I managed to really mess up my knee. Let's just say I probably have among the top 1-5% running form among the population.

I'm not sure what it is and haven't seen a doctor / done any imaging done since I don't know if its worth it yet and due to the cost. I tried doing a bunch of googling on this but can't find anything that sounds similar. I tried researching meniscus, ACL, MCL, etc but can't to find anything. It doesn't appear to be swollen.

What could my injury be so I can research it or know what to expect and get this better?

Things that do not cause pain:
    • Squats at weights of ~190KG / 405LB for reps of 5-10
    • Deadlifts & Romanian Deadlifts
    • Leg Curls
    • Weighted Step-ups
    • Manually touching or pushing my my knee in any way I can think of
    • Sitting down / doing nothing / sleeping

Things that cause pain:
    • Taking off my shoe on one foot with other (either shoe on my foot or side it is taken off)
    • If I acted like I was going to kick a soccer ball I feel my knee would fall off
    • Sitting down and straightening my leg and squeezing to lockout my knees/ my quadricep like it was a leg extension.
    • Random movements walking around house (twisting and turning, but hard to recreate exactly)

Not 'pain' but annoying:
    • Walking - I walked 3 miles, 5x since this happened. I notice/feel my knee is funny and not working like it should but it is not 'pain'.
    • Walking sometimes feels like I added 50 years to my age? I can do it, not painful, but I feel very very slow and immobile.

Me:
    • 33, male, 105KG / 230LB
    • Very flat feet
    • avid weightlifter 5+ a week, almost never run/ran
    • Walk on average 3 miles /5KM a day on average for last 5-10 years