Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    Brief Medical History Overview

baby with stroke

Physical Agents In Rehabilitation
    hello

I am wondering if anyone can give me some info on physiotherapy rehab/ treatment for a baby who has had a stroke and needs support to reach milestones etc.

Thanks, Mel

Similar Threads:

Desert Rose

Re: baby with stroke

Aircast Airselect Short Boot
    Dear Mel, I'm afraid I don't have any direct experience of your situation, however, I have had a stroke myself at a relatively young age (aged 34) and can say that you can recover from it fairly successfully. As a result of my stroke I have also met others with similar difficulties and a work colleague told me that his daughter had a stroke whilst still in the womb. (Initially they thought the baby had died because it stopped moving - how frightening. And his wife spent the rest of her pregnancy in hospital being monitored).

Anyway, everything turned out well, and she is now a healthy teenager and has won medals for her school in swimming. So that just goes to prove how much can be achieved, and that a stroke isn't the end of the world! The downside is that he said she didn't learn to speak until she was 3 and didn't learn to walk until she was 4.

I hope your little one makes a good recovery. As a mother of a little girl myself I can't imagine how frightening it must be to hear such devastating news. It was bad enough dealing with my own stroke, but seeing a loved one go through it must be even more devastating.

Good luck to you all,
    Desert Rose