Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    emmi

Australian last written exam

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Dear all,

I am very proud to inform you of the pass rate in the last written exam (March '07) for the process for recognition in Australia: almost 77% !!!

Another great success since Aapta (Australian Alliance of Physiotherapists Trained Abroad) has been created. Our members, candidates for the process, recognise the considerable value of this study group that has allowed most of them to pass that hard exam at first attempt.

I also inform you that who is going to face the process and is interested in being a part of the group can email me at [email protected], specifying the email address you want to use to sign in. I advise to use a yahoo email address, otherwise you won't be able to access the file section, which is very important for material study and info.

We are currently revising memberships as we want only genuine candidates, it is then mandatory to specify your country, your professional background and your intentions for the process. It is also required, once you are signed in to fill with details the Database section and to introduce yourself to the other members.

I remind you that our members come from all over the world and most of them are settled in Australia. They are organised in sub-study groups in every city. Overseas candidates are also part of the group and are preparing to head to Australia. It is very helpful for them to be in touch with those that are already residents in the city where they are going to settle for the practical exam.

I thank Physiobase website for giving us the chance of sharing this experience with a world wide professional audience.

I am looking forward to seeing you in our forum.

Emanuela Canini
    Italian Physiotherapist
    Perth - Western Australia
    [email protected]

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Philippine
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Arrow Re: Australian last written exam

Hi Emmanuela,

thanks for creating the AAPTA, I have been following thru all the files and downloaded most of them in preparation for the exams. Being a member of AAPTA, I have read a lot of successful stories of physiotherapists who cleared their exams & clinicals.

Those of you guys who are planning to work in Oz, this website is very informative and have generated a lot of success for physiotherapists around the world.

A MILLION THANKS TO YOU & RAJ!!!

rEGARDS,
    CHARLIZE29

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Australian last written exam

Hi!

I attempted the Australian written exam 5 years ago, and got through with good grades.

The problems arose with the clinical exams, when I was tested with live patients and 3 examiners watching and grading me.I don't know if things have changed now, but as a physio new to the system, THAT is where I wished i had better guidance and advice.I hope your organization stresses the clinicals too.

The other problem was, that my immigration was tied in with me passing the exams.So, to cut a long story short, when I ultimately failed one clinical exam( one out of three) AFTER having paid for the exams AND the immigration, I lost out on both!

Its a beautiful country and I have fond memories though!

Besides, I now have my license AND immigration to Canada!

Never give up! )

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Philippine
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Dear Emmi I wanted to join the aapta group i already did request through email but i just want to follow up again because i haven't receive any confirmation from nisha yet. Thank you sorry for the inconvenience.Godbless
    Heres my email add:[email protected]

One more i would like also to be apart of march 2008 examination for australia study group. Thank u again for your service

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of South Africa
    Current Location
    Johannesburg
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Emmanuela, I have passed my clinical exam March 2007 and came to Australia in May 2007 to do the clinical exam in South Australia with the hope that i will do the 6 weeks clinical work before the exam. My problem is, no hospitals in South Australia have an opening for me to do the supervised clinical service before the actual exam. what is more frustrating is that our immigration is tied to South Australia, my husband got a skilled immigration to South Australia and as his spouse I have spouse visa. Now I can't get out of rural South Australia to look for clinical placement in other state. I need to get exposure to other area of physiotherapy, I have experience in Neurological physiotherapy and I feel if I don't get to do clinical service in other areas of physiotherapy i will be at dissadvantage to fail the exam. I am realy pissed! Do you know what I can do or know of anyone in South Australia who can help me with that?. thanks

emmi

Hi Connie

Hi Connie,

are you sure that as a spouse you can't leave the regional area? I'm not expert in regional migration, but to my knowledge any other visa I know allow dependants to do what they want. I know people sponsored in the city that are obliged to respect the restrictions of the visa, but their wives can work as normal Australians. Same thing for students husbands'wives and so on.

Certainly, in a rurale area there is not much to get in term of placements. Also the problem is appearing in every city. Placements are rare and some are expensive. Many people are complaining about that especially in NSW, VIC and QLD.

Are you part of our study group? I personally don't think we have people in SA at the moment who is involved in the process. We used to have. But can you then get a placement in Adelaide for example?

Let me know, I might try to find someone of the old candidates over there and ask for info. Also make sure you are not allowed to travel to another States.

Emanuela

emmi

To Connie again

Hi Connie,

there are some people in our group who is living in SA and looking for a placement. Are you part of Aapta group? If not, let me know and I'll let you join and you'll be able to chat with these people in our forum.

Emanuela

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Occupational Therapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi emanuela,
    i m urvashi, a physiotherapist from india... i had mailed a few weeks back...but havnt recieved a conformation as of yet. pls reply to my mail .i wud want to join the group(aapta) and would like to have information regarding licence exam to practice as a physio in australia.. my mail id is [email protected].
    thank you

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Zimbabwe
    Current Location
    Africa
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Synapse
    I know it's been ages since you last attempted the Australian Physio exams, but hoping you can help me as my husband and I try to make a decision between working in Australia or Cananda.
    My husband is a General Practioner and I'm a Physio. Which exams do you think would be easier to pass..Canadian or Australian??
    Suggestions are welcome from anyone else with advice on this...................

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    New England
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by nonierue View Post
    Hi Synapse
    I know it's been ages since you last attempted the Australian Physio exams, but hoping you can help me as my husband and I try to make a decision between working in Australia or Cananda.
    My husband is a General Practioner and I'm a Physio. Which exams do you think would be easier to pass..Canadian or Australian??
    Suggestions are welcome from anyone else with advice on this...................
    Do not bother with Australia the Exam board is controled by the examiners who are physiotherapy lecturers in the University system. They are biased towards getting newly grad Australian physios places. This is shown by the new numbers of physios in queensalnd last year which was only 250 which included all the newl grads from Queensland Universities. WhichI believe to be over 200 so the rest are a handfull of overseas or returning Physios. They con everyone saying the pass rates for the written are around 70% however they do not publicise clinical exam pass rates. which cost you $2300 to take and that does not inc traveling and accomodation as exams are only done in Sydney, brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide.
    The australian Physiotherapy Council has nothing to do with physiotherapy except they make extortional amounts of money from overseas physios who think they are going to get a fair go. If you need to know more do not hesitate to replybest regards

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Melbourne
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thumbs up Re: Australian last written exam

Hi

Check out wwwdoctorspulsecom

They offer courses for the preparation of Physiotherapy exams

Cheers

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of England
    Current Location
    Adelaide
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,

I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone can assist? I am sitting the Australian written exam soon and was wanting to register with the AAPTA mentioned earlier by emmi. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    brisbane
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,

Can somebody guide me through the written exam as I am apperaing in the month of march...my email id is [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Brazil
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello! I am a physiotherapist from Brazil, preparing for the written examination in march 2011. I am looking for files or old tests, or book recommendations for me to study. Anyone with a good advice?
    REgards, Giovanna

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    brisbane
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by gigiosousa View Post
    Hello! I am a physiotherapist from Brazil, preparing for the written examination in march 2011. I am looking for files or old tests, or book recommendations for me to study. Anyone with a good advice?
    REgards, Giovanna
    hi I am studying from various books ( should refer maggie) for all the special test etc and sullivan for neuro etc .M eady to discuss if u have some problems and let me know if u can share some previous question send me ur email id

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    surat
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hello,
    My name is payal and i m a physiotherapist from india, i will be really thankful if anyone could help me regarding licence exams in australia in terms of how tough or easy it is...also wat r success rates for indian physios out there....
    I have also searched for application for equivalnece for standard,.....does indian standard of physiotherapy match there standards??/.......
    also wanna join AAPTA.......plz help me doing so....

payal

emmi

Hi Payal,

please email [email protected] to join the study group, you'll find all the info you need there.

Good luck
    Emanuela

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hey

hi, payal
    My name chirayu . i am about to finish my graduation in india . i have been researching about ACOPRA exam from past one year . just join the AAPTA group most of your queries will be solved . To pass the licensing exam is hard since our knowledge and skill is not sufficient . Australians have set the standards pretty high . I am looking for right guidance too since i want to do sports and Australia is best for it . Hope this might help .

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    goldcoast
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

helloo guys
    which book should we refer for written examinations??????

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi.
    i am an Indian Physiotherapist. did my masters in sports physiotherapy 2013. currently working with the Wockhardt Hospitals.
    i have my written exam in JUNE 2014 in melbourne.
    i am totally new to the exams.
    Any Suggestions or Tips to clear the exams ?>

please guide

Regards
    Aniket

- - - Updated - - -

hi Emmi,
    i have my written exam in JUNE 2014.
    i know i am late to join AAPTA, though i have mailed u to accept my request.
    plz join me in the group for appearing for JUNE 2014 written exam. As I am new to the exams , AAPTA would really prove me beneficial for the Do's and Dont's.
    my email Id- [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi ,
    I am a physiotherapist from India and wll be giving my exam in September but I have been unable to get on AAPTA apparently its under construction. If someone could help me join , or give me any informative where I could get he material and past test papars please other than the AAPTA site.
    Thank you

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

There is the aapta side that you join at [email protected]
    there is also a Facebook study page APC site.
    Useful books for neuro is Carr and shepherd, resp is Pryor and prasad. Msk is Buckner and khan.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    Melbourne
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi guys,

We run an APC Clinical Exams preparation course for overseas Physiotherapists gaining their professional entry registration (Australia).
    This course has been designed for overseas physiotherapists who have successfully completed the APC theory examination. Our aim is to prepare you for the APC clinical assessments. By sharing our experiences, we will demystify the process and help you to gain the most from your study sessions, enabling you to demonstrate your true clinical skills on the day. The course is broken down into 4 easy to digest sections;

• How to Workshop
    • Musculoskeletal
    • Neuro
    • Cardio Respiratory

For more information visit the below link or email [email protected]. We are happy to help with any questions you might have.
    APC Clinical Exam Preparation for Physiotherapists

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Unite Health Management For This Useful Post:

Australian last written exam

Surendharan (02-05-2018)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Germany
    Current Location
    Australia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Gandhi,
    did you successfully pass the written exam in June last year? I will participate this year so I really need some help to prepare myself because I ve been out of the physio work since nearly 4 years!. What are the best books or information sites on the web?
    I hope you are still in this group to help me.
    Otherwise, any other replies really appreciated!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Melbourne
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi,
    I am in Melbourne and would like to join anyone presently in Melbourne or suburbs to make a study group on weekends for APC exam preparations. I am an Indian physiotherapist with 4 years of experience in msd and pediatric rehabilitation.
    Kind regards
    Tanuraj
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast