Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    sanagupta

Canadian license exam

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi1
    can anybody guide on good site for preparing for canadian license exam..i have applied for emmigration to canada
    sana

Similar Threads:

tejas369

sheyipaul

rePCE

check out...
    National PT exam preparatory guide by Sullivan- get this book and read like mad.

jaishingdia
    hey...can you give advice/ websites for emmigration to ca please?

Physio Legend Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    INDIA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    hey jaish,
    you never told that you are willing for immigration to canada other wise i would have given you infos in bulk, im having a lot info about immigration to canada and pce

sanagupta

Info for immigration

hi Swapnil!
    Can u give any info on transition jobs and pay scale for physio's in canada.
    Sana

Physio Legend Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    INDIA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Info for immigration

hello sana,

The average starting salary in canada is approximately $42,000 with therapists in the private sector generally earning a higher rate. Therapists in senior clinical positions earn about $55,000 and those at higher levels (e.g., administrators or educators) earn considerably more.

katrussianspy
    Could anyone tell me if the O'Sullivan book is as useful for the practical part of the exam as I have already passed the theory. Thanks.

sanagupta

license Exam level

Hi!
    I m therapist in India and want to know that if reading this book 'only' will clear the license exam or I need to study some other books. How tough is to find job out there..how long will it take to settle out in profession.
    Regards
    Sana

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    hi,
    i found the O Sullivan book for NPTE very good covering almost all subjects of physiotherapy,but i don't know whether its enough for the license exam.

Willeseden

Canadian lisence exam

I did not find the O'Sullivan book helpful for the practical portion of the CPE (but it was very helpful for the written portion).

The key to passing the practical portion is being familiar with the style of the exam. You must always introduce yourself, obtain consent, ask the patient if they have questions, etc. The practical exam is frustrating because the scenarios are fake and you have to do the things you think they want to see, not necessarily what you would do in real life.

Good luck.

Willeseden

tameeme
    any one tell me from where i can get this book?

i think the site not have enough information

anyone have pass this exam can help

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    hi there
    could anyone tell me if the PT examination review by Theresa Meyer any good for the canadian PT exam?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    kathmandu, Nepal
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Canadian license exam

i got PR for canada and i m coming toronto on 10 feb, 2016 , i did my BPT from Dolphin inst. Dehradun, India on 2009 and currently working in Kathmandu, Nepal. will u please help me out regarding PCE of canada

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Surrey, BC
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi everyone,

Thought I would post in response to your inquiries regarding PCE prep. Pt Exam Prep is a small company dedicated to helping international physiotherapists become certified in Canada. Pt Exam Prep offers a 6 week comprehensive course to get you fully prepared for all topics tested on the PCE. Our group of certified physiotherapists guide you through a complete workbook either in our face-to-face course or via Skype in our online course. With a ratio of 1:3 (instructor-students) our instructors work closely to ensure your understanding of concepts and exam materials. Our next available course begins on Dec. 11th or Dec. 16th. Visit www.ptprep.ca for more information : )

If you are not interested in our 6-week course, we also have Mock Exams to test your readiness. Our 100 question Mock Exam can be a key indicator of your preparedness to write the PCE. (scores of 70% or higher indicates understanding of test material)

If you would like more information or have any questions don't hesitate to reach me at [email protected]

PT Exam Prep Physiotherapy Competency Exam | #1 PCE preparation program

Here is what our past students had to say....

Roxenda Bhagat

Physiotherapist - India

“Being with Pt Exam Prep for both my exams was the best decision for my career”

Student

Physiotherapist - India

I got more done in a 6 week course than I had done independently in 5 months.
    Thanks for helping me pass!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PT Exam Prep For This Useful Post:

Canadian license exam

santhos (18-12-2015)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    salem
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

good , what about fees?
    any other information

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    INDIA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi guys i m new to this forum i am coming alberta in june how to start prepraton here in india..plz guide

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Surrey, BC
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Santhos,

Our course costs $2000.00 and as of now (over the past few years) we have had a 90% first attempt passing rate. Our physiotherapists (who are the tutors) are excellent in ensuring you understand not only the material but how to successfully write the exam as well. We help to get you on a path to success with our comprehensive coursebook as well. Alternately, you could also take one of our 100 question Mock Exams. These exams are difficult and represent questions similiar to those on the exams. We have been able to gather the results from these exams and can now gauge how prepared a student is for the PCE by their score on our Mock Exam (70% or higher will likely lead to a successful PCE attempt).

If you have any more questions please email [email protected] We would love to answer any other questions you might have. We can also arrange a phone conversation if you are interested.

Best,

Danette

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    toronto
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Dear PTE candidates
    Optimalrehab is a well-known physiotherapy cooperation that offers preparatory courses for written and clinical national exam for internationally educated physiotherapist who are interested in becoming registered physiotherapist in Canada. We have been conducting our classes since 2011 in the province of Ontario and we have an excellent rate of students passing both clinical and written exam. Classes are on one-on-one basis and they are held in North York area in a physiotherapy clinic. We have recently added an online preparatory course that students can register as well. Please visit our website at Optimalrehab for more information
    you can also email:[email protected] OR [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Toronto
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hey guys,

I have stumbled upon a few facebook sites that may help for people planning to take the licensing exam in Ontario.

This is a facebook group where people meet up to practice:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PCEclinicalcomponent/

This is a page of an institute that does prep courses in toronto that seems to have some very good feedback and decent price compared to the ones ive seen so far:
    https://www.facebook.com/PTDInstitute/

Hope this helps!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    toronto
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Dear PTE candidates
    Optimalrehab is a well-known physiotherapy cooperation that offers preparatory courses for written and clinical national exam for internationally educated physiotherapist who are interested in becoming registered physiotherapist in Canada. We have been conducting our classes since 2011 in the province of Ontario and we have an excellent rate of students passing both clinical and written exam. Classes are on one-on-one basis and they are held in North York area in a physiotherapy clinic. We have recently added an online preparatory course that students can register as well. We also have more than 1000 sample questions for written. Please visit our website at Optimalrehab for more information
    you can also email:[email protected] OR [email protected]

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    India & USA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello PCE and NPTE Aspirant ,
    We ( [email protected]) are your one stop platform to crack license Physical Therapy Exam. We have been teaching to pass licensure exam for 4 years now .We provide a real time online classroom interaction with meticulously researched success oriented study material . We understand that even the most learned student with great knowledge get hiccups when it comes to facing the multiple choice questions and that’s the beauty of the exam that it brings out the best hidden clinician in you. In order to help you explore and grow as a clinician and crack the exam , we cover all the subjects from basic to advance level in progressive manner so that you not only get a strong hold on the subject but can also use the concepts to answer the most trickiest questions in the exam . We also understand that every student had a different learning curve and have their own style of memorizing , so we also provide access to all the recorded lectures so you can watch them again and again during your revision and plan your own strategy for the exam preparation. We understand that its the most important exam of your life and the importance of a good mentor , companion cant be overlooked . We offer you that support at every step of your struggle . Associating with us will be the most fruitful investment of your life.

We teach about 45 lecture for musculoskeletal, neurology & Cardio plumonary with duration of 2-3 hour per lecture. Our charges are so nominal that at the end it comes about $4-$5 / hour. please send us email on [email protected] for more details. Also follow us on facebook .
    We are taking students for May - July 2017 PCE exam , our classes will start from March 2017.

Thanks ,
    Brainsmith Physio Guru

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Guys, These are the key points that we discussed during our Theory Exam Class
    • Your playing field with the vignette questions are limited to the information provided in the question. Modify your answers based on the scenario presented and not based on your general practice experience

• Remember to read lines below the diagrams and pictures in David Magee, specially the special tests. You need not to know all the tests that are mentioned in that book. Very important that you guys remember that theory part of the especial tests ex: the position of the limb, angle at which tests are performed, false positive etc.

• Please read the first Chapter of David Magee thoroughly. Also, the first few pages of each joint are important. Rest, you can skim through if you have time.• Read Stroke, ALS, MS, Parkinson, TBI and Spinal cord injury thoroughly from Sullivan. Do not forget to learn the names of all Outcome Measures

• Peripheral Nerve Disorders is very IMPORTANT

. • Please do not forget to read women’s health, surgical interventions, and management• Focus on the boxes and highlights mentioned in chapters in Colby Kisner

• Do not forget to “make friends”. Visit your friend often so that you can recall them easily in your exam

• Remember the Triage method of exam preparation.

pceexamalberta- PCE Exam Prep courses for physio licensing exam Canada

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Exclamation Re: Canadian license exam

Hello everyone!

Physio Exam Academy is an online community dedicated to helping future physiotherapists in Canada pass the PCE. On our website you will find:

• PCE Study Guides
    • PCE Practice Exams
    • The Office Hours Blog which features weekly posts on PCE related topics

Make sure you sign up for our newsletter get 5 free PCE practice questions just for signing up!

Looking for other ways to connect with us? Try on (or all) of these

Thank you and let us know if there is anything we can help you with!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Gatineau
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Have a look at our PCE study tool at www.myepe.ca. EPE was the first online study guide of it's kind and even now we're the top choice for student's looking to pass the Canadian PCE. EPE covers what you'll need to guarantee a pass on both the written and the practical PCE, plus because it's completely online it's really easy to use and you'll study for the PCE exam in the same way you'll take the PCE exam.