Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    venkatpt

Practice in Singapore

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hai Friends

I am a physiotherapist from India with 4 yrs of clinical experience. I want to shift my practice to Singapore. Can anyone let me know the procedures involved in doing so (license exam.....)

Cheers
    Venkat

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Hong Kong
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others
    I am a physio from Hong Kong and going to Singapore for my new job.

There are no formal registration process in Singapore. The most important thing is let your employer know your physio course and post-qualification experience is relating to their job requirement.

Perhaps you plan to join the trade union there. They will "accredit" your basic physio training in order to approve your membership.

henner223

Re: SPA membership application

Hi,

As far as I know is the membership in the SPA not mandatory if you are not looking for a job in a government institution (except as a lecturer at Nanyang Polytechnics) but work for or want to open a private practice. However the latter will be even more complicated regarding immigration, work permit, etc.

When I enquired last time I got the following reply

SPA Membership <[email protected]> wrote:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

To apply for membership to the Singapore Physiotherapy Association , you need to submit an application form and all the necessary documents stated in the form.

You can download the application form from our website at www.physiotherapy.org.sg . Further details about application procedure can also be found in the website.

Please note that all documents have to be translated into English and certified true copies. You are required to pay S$140 for administration and evaluation fees which are non-refundable.

The SPA Admission Committee will then evaluate your credentials. You will be informed whether you are qualified to sit for an SPA screening examination .

SPA screening exams are conducted in May and November every year.The cost of such exam is S$350.

Should you have any further queries, please contact us again at [email protected]

Regards,

Huong Lee (Mrs)
    SPA Admin Assistant"

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: SPA membership application

Quote Originally Posted by henner223 View Post
    Hi,

As far as I know is the membership in the SPA not mandatory if you are not looking for a job in a government institution (except as a lecturer at Nanyang Polytechnics) but work for or want to open a private practice. However the latter will be even more complicated regarding immigration, work permit, etc.

When I enquired last time I got the following reply

SPA Membership <[email protected]> wrote:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

To apply for membership to the Singapore Physiotherapy Association , you need to submit an application form and all the necessary documents stated in the form.

You can download the application form from our website at www.physiotherapy.org.sg . Further details about application procedure can also be found in the website.

Please note that all documents have to be translated into English and certified true copies. You are required to pay S$140 for administration and evaluation fees which are non-refundable.

The SPA Admission Committee will then evaluate your credentials. You will be informed whether you are qualified to sit for an SPA screening examination .

SPA screening exams are conducted in May and November every year.The cost of such exam is S$350.

Should you have any further queries, please contact us again at [email protected]

Regards,

Huong Lee (Mrs)
    SPA Admin Assistant"

hi,
    can u suggest any study material for this exam
    thanx

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Singapore
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Red face Re: Practice in Singapore

hi,
    I am frantically hunting for people to join them for the peparatory exam for the SPA memnership.pls.help.Anyways to work in singapore.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Practice in Singapore

First u have to send the SPA membership application.They will do the evaluation and will intimate u about the exam and sylabus.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Singapore
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Poornimasa,

Thanx a lot for the update buddy.I am actually to start off the process.Thanx.Thnak you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India,kerala
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi, i m a PT frm india.i wan 2 knw how wil i get a job in singapore.wat i hav 2 do for work as a physio. How wil i get a job offer inorder to sit for the qualifing exam. Pls help me

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    andhrapradesh
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    haiii uma madhu,

so ur hunt in singapore ended???????i strtd my hunt nw...so do suggest me...thank uuuu