Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    SwePhys

Searching for PT contacts in California!

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Dearest reader -

I am a PT/MSc educated in Stockholm, Sweden, now searching for PT contacts in the state of California. I am planning to move to the Bay Area (Berkeley) in June of 2006 because of my fiancee's work situation. Therefore I "need all the advice I can get" regarding how to find a way to practice as a Physical Therapist there.

I have been in touch with the Physical Therapy Board in California, but also feel a need of other PT's to discuss this issue with. Most urgent is the need of guidance in how to find clinics to turn to with job applications and/or a place to do the clinical service at, which is needed when applying for a US (California state) licence. Further, I have a great interest in talking to anyone that has gone through the process of applying for a licence in the US lately!

Sincerely//
    PT, MSc Mona W.

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Czech Republic
    Current Location
    Prague
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Searching for PT contacts in California!

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    hi Mona,

I'm going through physio forum and I found your message from summer 2 years ago, I'd like to ask you, how did work for you? I am in a similar situation, I'd like to go to CA to Berkley next year and since I know how the process is gonna be difficult, I have to start asap. I think I'm aware of the steps I have to take to get the visa but before I start with the whole procedure I'd like to know something> how difficult was getting a PT job? and if you still live there, do you know what the situation is now? I got my Masters 2 months ago and I have almost a year of experience working in the PT practice. Any advice would be great help for me!

Marcela