Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Starting something new

Hello to everyone out there.

I have been working in London for the past 3 years within the NHS and have started to develop an interest in private practice (mainly home visits).

As I want to start something that is both of a high professional and legal status I would like to ask:

1) Are there currently any particular legislations to follow in this area? (aside from insurances)

2) How do we provide a receipt for our services?

I have other questions to follow but I would be appreciated if anyone can provide me with answers to these to start off with.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    High Peak, Derbyshire
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Starting something new

Hi, i am in the process of setting up a mobile physio service in Derbyshire, as far as i can fathom your CSP insurance covers you in this environment, and i have had duplicate reciept books printed and intend giving a written reciept as i will require payment at the time of treatment.

So far om ready to get going, just nervous of taking the leap from NHS to my own business. scary

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Bedford
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi there

I am also in the same boat and currently trying to establish myself doing home visits initially until I can build a client base big enough to then think about basing myself within a clinic.

I understand that yes the CSP covers you insurance-wise, but as a female its also worth considering the lone working aspect to ensure your safety.

I like the idea of getting a receipt book printed. Where did you get this done?

Many thanks and would be good to hear how your both getting on!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    High Peak, Derbyshire
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

I had reciept my reciept book printed via E-Bay af all places (and it was personalised), it cost less than £10. As por personal saftey, if you have an Iphone there are loads of personal alarms to choose from (havent tried any out yet tho and im sure most smart phones will have similar apps availible).

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

You should check with the CSP legal team on who needs to be providing the service that you are 'selling'. If it is you as the named provider then your insurance is probably OK. But if you are receipting and providing services under a company name then your CSP PI cover does not cover you. This was mentioned earlier this year in either the Frontline or inTouch magazines. It is a major issue so I would take the latest advise on the above.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter