Current Location
    Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

assistant work

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knows or where i can find work as a physio assistant. I am currently a 2nd year physio at Glasgow Caledonian University and im looking for some work. Any area of physio (sport, cardio, rehab etc......) will do as any experince is good experince to help me along to becoming a better physio.

I am yet to be registered with the chartered society of physiotherapy (The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy | The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) but i am holding off till i can find something.

Any help is a big help

Many Thanks
    Jason Ellis

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Watford
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: assistant work

Hi

When I was a student I became a bank Physio assistant at a private hospital. This was great because I then worked most holiday periods for them and alternative weekends, I now work there as a Physio at the weekends along side my main job :~). I would send your CV to local hospitals and ask if they have a pool of bank Physio assistants that you could join, I know some NHS hospitals in my area that do this as well.

All the best

Karen

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Suffolk
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: assistant work

Hi

I am also a current student, now in third year. I dont know anywhere in particular around yr area but as Karen said just write to some local hospitals/private practices. I did this and have been working as a bank assistant in my local hospital for the past year. I would recommend this to anyone, so your best bet is to just write a few letters, the worst they can say is no, the best they can say is yes and you could just get that little bit of an edge for when it comes to applying for ya junior post, thats what I am hoping anyway.

Best of luck

Adi