Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

What Bupa did not tell Physio First - No contract renewal for home physio services!

What Bupa did not tell Physio First during their meeting with them "Physiotherapists who provide domiciliary services only… we no longer recognise providers who are unable to offer members access to dedicated practice facilities and therefore to ensure we treat all physiotherapists fairly we will not be renewing contracts with clinicians who only offer home services”.

Did this affect your business?

Physiotherapist look out. It's been dentists and care homes and PTs should surely be on watch alert... Defcon 3

"Britain’s biggest provider of private medical insurance told staff in an internal memo last week that it planned to divide Bupa Health and Wellbeing into two separate business units: Bupa Health Funding and Bupa Health Clinics."

Bupa, which is the size of a FTSE100 firm, has diversified the business into care homes and dental practices internationally as well as its mainstay insurance business.This has paid off with revenues rising to £8.4billion for the year to December 31 from £8billion.

It has expanded its dental provision in Spain and the UK and is in negotiations with the shareholders of Dental Corporation – Australia and New Zealand’s largest dental business – to purchase its 190 clinics.

Similar Threads:
    Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: What Bupa did not tell Physio First - No contract renewal for home physio services!

As a quick follow-up to this thread I thought it interesting to now see (as predicted) that BUPA have now developed their own domiciliary services even further. But in a slight twist this is being contracted as a separate entity to their main PC network in a way that I am sure benefits them and helps to reduce monopolistic and any perceived restriction of trade type issues. But to that end BUPA of course do not have the people power to fill the network they are promising to delivery.

So what do they do? They let physio's know that they are now open to contract submissions for us to fill their new 'homecare' network. You know, the one that independent private physio's were running until BUPA said they would not contract with them unless they also had a physical premises. What is the long-term issue with this? Of course as BUPA recruit more and more inhouse physiotherapists they will close the opportunity to independents to join that network and will overtime cease to renew existing contracts (perhaps via imposing ridiculous conditions to those wanting to renew). Then the natural course of events with that BUPA will run the homecare network entirely themselves.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the UK's Physio First suggested to members in a recent member update that perhaps BUPA are becoming someone we can work with. Their short sightedness is truly unbelievable. Enough said...

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter