Current Location
    Ireland
    Member Type
    Recruiter
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Insurance. Physiotherapists trained in kinesiotherapy

Hi everyone,

Im planning to open up a centre in Ireland. I will hire 2-3 physiotherapists for my centre and give them an extra training in kinesiotherapy (not kinesiology). Will they still be covered by insurance? If you need more info please PM me.

Similar Threads:

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Insurance. Physiotherapists trained in kinesiotherapy

It depends on their insurance cover I would think and if Kinesiotherapy is considered within the scope of practise under that insurance. Even if it is covered you would also need to check if your teaching would qualify as appropriate to the requirements to perform those techniques under the banner of Kinesiotherapy as practiced within your country.

Basically this is a question for your/their PI/PL insurance provider.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Ireland
    Member Type
    Recruiter
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Physiobob,

Thanks very much for your reply.
    I dont think Kinesitherapy is practiced in Ireland. I presume i will be the first to bring it in.
    Is there any chance it could be established officially?

Unlike Kinesiology, that is practiced in Ireland and is not recognised by insurance companies since it is mostly preventative and psychological i believe, Kinesitherapy is a crucial element of physiotherapy. This branch of medicine treats various health problems by active and passive muscular movements like massage or excercises.

It is recognised by insurace companies in Canada and Australia, not sure about the US and France but it is widely practiced there.

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

As mentioned initially, this is a question for your insurance underwriters. We provide cover for many new therapies in Australia and New Zealand and put such questions to our underwriters on a regular basis. Sometimes they say yes and other times they say no. They will let you know what additional information they might need in order to provide an answer.

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter