Current Location
    Edinburgh
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Football Player foot pain

Hi,

Need some advice on a football player I am treating. He had a blow to the dorsal part of the foot about 2 months ago during a game. Increased pain at the flexion and abduction of the big toe, when active movement. Pain at toe off phase of walking. He has pronated foot and low arches. On palpation, pain on the sesamoid area of the big toe. Therefore, my clinical reasoning was abductor hallucis sprain as well as plantar fascia (as increased pain along the facia). However, this is where I need help. When I passively extend his big toe, I would assume the pain was on the plantar side as its being stretched, but its not. He gets a sharp pain on the metatarsalphalangeal joint on the dorsal part. Has anyone experienced this before and what treatment should be done?

I have done STM to promote healing and taping.

Thank you!!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Glasgow
    Member Type
    Exercise Therapist/Fitness Professional
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Football Player foot pain

Hi have you tried some basic pa glides to his mtp joint? Should make a big difference

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Edinburgh
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hiya, yeah i have tried that with the STM but still the same!! Thanks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Kansas
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

There are few reasons for foot pains like inflammation of the extensor tendons, plantar fascia strain, calcaneal pain, metatarsal fracture and nerve entrapment. The basic symptoms for a plantar fascia strain are a nodule or lump in the plantar fascia, pain while walking and tenderness over the plantar fascia. Inflammation of the extensor tendons is basically caused due to the overuse of the tendons in foot. According to the description provided by you it looks like an inflammation of the extensor tendons. A good massager can help you get rid of many foot problems; I would recommend OSIM uSqueez warm, a leg massager with inbuilt foot rollers that delivers a foot reflexology massage that stimulates all the vital acupressure points and keeps you away from problems like inflammation of the extensor tendons. Warm air massage improves blood circulation to reduce chances of nerve entrapment and relieves plantar fascia strain.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Assistant
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Taping
    You can go for Ultrasound physiotherapy, It will give you proper pain relief. This therapy helps to reduce pain. While healing your body’s deep tissue, stress and muscle tightness and backpain can connect back to the root cause of your pain. Ultrasound therapy effects help to soften tissue cell metabolism. It helps to increase blood flow, it makes the cells more receptive to healing fluids. Ultrasound US111 is the modern device which help to release ‘Endorphins’ which is natural healing chemical released by body to heal pain. US111 therapy uses the natural approach without any side effects. For better results and improvement and it is easy to carry anywhere anytime. US111 will give you best results at home you should try out and check the best features of US111 :-https://ultracarepro.in/product/us-1...le-ultrasound/