Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Submit Your Clinical Tool Here

Hi valued members. This clinical tools section is a collaborative library of useful clinical information. We all know times change and ideas get updated. We can never be sure we are always presenting the most up-to-date information so we'd love it if you think you have something to contribute. Please submit it here and we'll review it. To do this reply to this message and attach one of more articles.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by physiobob; 11-01-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Submit Your Clinical Tool Here

Hi All,

Im a student , i was wondering has anyone came across a portable ulrasound device called "Ultralieve" its a 1Mhz device and is being sold from a heath company in America.Its cheap and looks like its works wonders as all this offers do but i was just wondering has anyone see or used one and if so would be be suitable for clinic use ,its cheap as i mentioned so if its was suitable it would be a great help as in starting to treat clients from home .

hope to hear from you soon .

Derek

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Chicago area
    Member Type
    Commercial Supplier
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

New ROM inclinometer product

Hello, I am posting to bring to your attention a new range of motion inclinometer product, available December 2009.

ROM inclinometer is a compact, cost effective inclinometer for use in professional biometric measurement. Gravity based calibration insures accurate and repeatable measurements. This inclinometer is compact enough to slip into a pocket, yet has large, easy to read numbering and indexing. It's ergonomic shape conforms to convex anatomy and spans concave anatomy. The durable, smooth, continuous surfaces are easy to keep clean in clinical use. Repeatable accuracy is easily less than +/- 1 degree. Limitation is generally how steady the patient is at each reading point and steadiness of position held by the therapist.

This product will be available through SSL-Certified, secure online orders in December of 2009. If you visit the web site at ROM inclinometer , you may send an email to receive notice when product is ready to ship. Also, you can simply contact me through my account here, regarding availability.

www.rominclinometer.com
    [email protected]

Thank you for your consideration.

Douglas Montgomery
    Independent Design Solutions LLC
    Downers Grove, IL 60516 USA

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of France
    Current Location
    Rennes
    Member Type
    Commercial Supplier
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

(sorry for my previous attempt to post this at the wrong place)

software tools Very Eye Pursuit/Level : test wanted

Hello, I am a video game developer working on games and software related to eye health.

A physiotherapist friend asked me 2 software tools (on computer) to help him in his practice. I recently released their first version. They are free (users can give any donation if they want to).

Today I'm looking for real users to test them, find any last bug, or give advice to improve them.

• Very Eye Pursuit is a smooth eye pursuit stimulation software, with customizable linear/circular/random movements

Acreplume - Very Eye Pursuit

• Very Eye Level is a game to exercise peripheral vision, with several targets to follow simultaneously (also available in virtual reality). It is also very relaxing (please let me know if you know why ^^)

Very Eye Level

Please let me know if they can be useful for you, or become more useful with some improvements. I'd also like to hear any ideas of similar small software tools that would be helpful.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Poland
    Current Location
    Pawluk
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello everyone.
    Does anyone here work in a clinic where planning is a big problem?
    My wife is a neurological speech therapist. She works in a therapy center for children, which hires about 35 therapists of various specializations. Every week they help about 90 patients. Preparing a schedule is a difficult and time-consuming process. Two people spend almost two days every week creating a plan for every patient. My friends and I have made a prototype of a system using Artificial Intelligence to reduce the time to only 15 minutes. I have been wondering if there is any other place where such a system would be useful.
    If you are an owner or employee in a place with similar problems and want to fix them, do not hesitate to contact me.
    Piotr Pawluk