Country
    Flag of Brazil
    Current Location
    Brazil
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Exclamation What is the reality of working in Canada?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi Guys,

My name is Carol and Im a PT from Brazil, here, in my country its always advertised that Canada is a dream life for PTs. Im considering immigrating as a skilled worker and i've been reading a lot about the subject.

I read some posts here that are discouraging... so many people saying that the exams are so hard! People saying that there are no jobs...

What is the reality?

Is there anyone who is in Canada, or has gone through the process of having the diploma validated that could tell me that?

Are there jobs that are worth it all?

If anyone wants to talk or share some stories, please feel free!

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    ontario
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: What is the reality of working in Canada?

carol;frankly speaking...out of 100 immigrant P.Ts hardly 1have cleared the all the paths to reach at least a minor physiotherapist!!!(this is the truth;cos one after other they ask us to update or do courses this & that.we will keep doing these to mak our dream com true & still v understan the goal is quite far...)
    the cost of evry exam or course is really sky rocketting!!! with a diploma u will definitly suffer.but nt discouraging u ..cos u cud even change into other profession once u come here which will earn u gud cash!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Hong Kong
    Current Location
    Ontario
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi, carol

I have been working in canada since 2008, maybe my info is not very up-to-date
    I am now in Toronto and I have been working in private clinics and hospital

dreamlife is sth very subjective;
    if u r looking for stable working environment, it is better to work in hospital;
    if u r looking for $$$ or building your career/ business, it is better to work in private;
    if u r looking for free schedule/ flexibility, it is better to work in the community

I only had 1 year working experience when I came to Toronto; PCE is not VERY HARD, there are basic questions/ scenarios that u will encounter in clinical settings, however, ( my personal opinion only) if u graduated for a while, it may be a bit tougher as u will start forgetting things from school; I have met quite a lot of International graduates here, there are many PTs passed PCE at their 1st attempts even though they graduated for years.

I feel that the most important thing is a good plan for revision and make sure that the knowledges/books are update. It is difficult to tell whether your qualification is competent or not unless u go thru the credential process from the ALLIANCE. If u graduated for a while, u r very likely needa take some courses before u r allowed to take the PCE.

regarding to the job market, in ontario, although the market is not as good as before, there are still jobs; one of my friends said that its better to take exam in summer as most of the local students take exam in winter ( **I have no evidence to proof it, HAHA**)

sanchill

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Brazil
    Current Location
    brazil
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi carol,

My name is Giovana, and im a PT from brazil too. im searching informations about working in canada, because my husband and i are intending to imigrating to quebec, if you have any information i'd be gratefull to know.
    thanks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Nigeria
    Current Location
    Nigeria
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thumbs up Re: What is the reality of working in Canada?

Hi guys.What do you think informed the sudden surge in the volume of applicants to the Allicance in the past few weeks.yelufem.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    shimoga
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi.. i m ghousia from india... i have 6 yrs of experience n now i m planning to move to canada.. i heard that v have to give a exam there..got no idea ..can someone please help me out... about the exam.... any particular subjects... fee n all..

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Toronto
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    If you need help then send me an e.mail at [email protected]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carolblue View Post
    Hi Guys,

My name is Carol and Im a PT from Brazil, here, in my country its always advertised that Canada is a dream life for PTs. Im considering immigrating as a skilled worker and i've been reading a lot about the subject.

I read some posts here that are discouraging... so many people saying that the exams are so hard! People saying that there are no jobs...

What is the reality?

Is there anyone who is in Canada, or has gone through the process of having the diploma validated that could tell me that?

Are there jobs that are worth it all?

If anyone wants to talk or share some stories, please feel free!

Thanks