canada
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

failed PCE clinical component in the past

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi
    Has anyone failed PCE clinical component in the past while they are working under provisional practice....
    What happened once your found out you failed the PCE clinical.
    Were you able to continue working with Provisional Practice with restrictions?
    If you did, is it very stressful to work under Provisional practice with Restriction
    Would it be good idea to finding a job in different place.... ?

After I found I failed my clinical PCE (2014 Nov), I completely feel unconfident and lost my self-esteem .....but I
    feel it is still benefits to work for preparing for the next upcoming PCE clinical exam.......

please give some advice...

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Canada
    Current Location
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: failed PCE clinical component in the past

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello!

Once you fail your PCE Clinical exam- your provisional license becomes provincial license with restrictions. This translates to the fact that now you will need an on-site physiotherapy mentor who will supervise your practice. You may decide to not work and if you do so, you dont renew your provisional practice license and it expires.

It is not necessarily more stressful to work with a physiotherapy provisional with restrictions license but you do need to identify a job with onsite mentor and that can be a exhausting process sometimes.

Please do not lose hope after failing the exam. We are aware of a lot of students who fail the exam in their first attempt and pass with flying colors in the subsequent attempts.

We, at the SP's PCEPrep are offering a intense weekends-only Clinical Exam Bootcamp in Hamilton, Ontario. We offer extensive clinical scenario practice with one on one feedback. We take you from everything (goniometry, muscle strength testing, electrotherapeutic basics and more challenging aspects such as patient transfers, and joint mobilizations)

If you would like to know more about our course, please email us on [email protected].