Welcome to the Online Physio Forum.
    Bex

Help for a British Physio with the Canadian exam..

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Help! I am a physio from the UK and I am doing my Canadian National Exam next month.. any advice or tips would be great! I just attempted the American online exam and did really badly! Does anyone know if the Canadian and American exams are similar?? Thanks

Similar Threads:

physioo
    i did it in August

You need to study alot!! i didnt find it easy. use the reference list from the alliance website, i studied an hour a day for 9 months, and didnt find it easy. Good luck !

I sit for practical in november, too expensive so need to pass!! I think these exams are really good tho, but hard!

Take care

sheyipaul

Re: Help for a British...

Hi,
    I did same exam and it failed me. Now I'll retake with greater dedication. If it's not too late you may study with a review book by Sullivan. See this website: www.therapyed.com
    It sure takes some preparation but it can be done!
    Best wishes

jaishingdia

exam!

hey. i have just applied for my (uk 3 yr degree)qualifications to be assesed my the alliance. do you know roughly how long it takes??

alos reading your replies i was wondering is it a good idea to start studying now???!!

Willeseden

Re: exam!

Hi Folks,

I am a Canadian graduate who has passed both portions of the exam. You will save yourself heaps of study time for the written component if you get the O'Sullivan book at therapyed.com. It summarises everything so well! A few things don't apply (wound care, legal matters), but everything else is very relevant. The practice exams in the book are very similar to the Canadian written exam.

As for the practical, you must practice getting things done in under 5 minutes or 10 minutes. The practical questions are not difficult, but the time factor is.

Good luck!

physioo

I just did practical and unfortunately failed!

i didnt find the time factor a problem. Everyone told me be safe, and ull pass, results said I was safe, but didnt pass.

Im confused right now, studied too much, and in my opinion something is fishy in Canada.

I finished a 4 year degree course just lst year, and they are telling me that a physio in Canada graduating here in 2 years can pass....what a pile of BS...

Im happy though, as now will do my utmost do get this f***ing Canadian licence, but once ill achieve that, off to the states I go....

Losers

Matrix Level Physio Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Does a Canadian License permit you to automatically register in the USA? Or in some states? Any information on this would be useful to our readers. 8o

jaishingdia

hey,

didnt you get any feedback at all? i.e. any changes you can make for the next time??
    and also am i correct in thinking that you can do the exam upto 3 times and then the 4th time you got to pay all over?

i've just had conformation that the alliance has all my files and will be looking into it shortly. hopefully being able to do the exams.....do you think its an idea to start studying alittle now??? would it hurt? seeing that you have studied so much- possibly too much??!!!

physioo

physio

HI

to answer physiobase
    no, the canadian licence is only eligible to work in Canada, to work in a specific State in USA, u must sit for a written licence exam, which is easy, but the paperwork makes you cry.

To answer the guy sitting for exam, yes, start studying an hour everyday, just read book, especially the ones they tell you to study from.

For practical, practice is more important than studying, i studied everything I could, and wasnt worthed, and practiced everything i could and hopefully will be worthed soon....

Life goes on though, and now will think about the next step? maybe manip masters australia.....cool stuff, tho broke|I

sumensingla

pne

hi

id like to talk to u bout the exam im in canda right now and im registered for the march exam. id like to contact u if u could email me at [email protected] that would be great.
    thanx
    SUmen

Yes, you can write the canadian exam three times max I believe. My friend wrote three, flunked three, and was the
    first in Canada to do so. They didn't know what to do with her.

After flunk one and two, she was assigned to work with another physio, instead of single-charge postion, but kept
    her temp liscense. Then after the third try they pulled that.

There are mental preparedness issues for our exam. Here In
    Alberta, fire alarm bells ring every five minutes during the
    practical. So you must have nerves of steel:\
    Crystal R. Westergard PT
    [email protected]

Adarsh physio
    Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    which exam do u consider the most easy british,canadian or australian?i mean easy to pass
    or are they all equally tuff?