Vancouver
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

New Physiotherapy Registration forms

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hello there,

I noticed that there is new forms for Overseas Qualified Physiotherapists to practice in New Zealand, as of June 1, 2016.
    Bi-national Physiotherapy Practice Thresholds | Physiotherapy Board New Zealand

Has anyone started the application with the new forms? Any feedback so far?

I know a few people that had difficulties applying from Canada, and eventually gave up the process. Hopefully this helps the process out a bit.....

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Jamaica
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: New Physiotherapy Registration forms

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hey! I just sent my application to the NZ PT boards last Friday. I sent it with the old forms as the site states that if you submit the old forms by August 31 then you can still use it.
    I looked on the new forms to decide if one was easier than the other but opted to stick with just completing the old form that I had already started. It truly is just a whole new approach to the competencies. The older forms assessed you as a Physiotherapist based on learning objectives from PT school. The new competencies truly assesses you as a Physiotherapist in how you function with the knowledge you already have. Its not about proving that you learnt "how to assess a musculoskeletal pathology" (which is more the approach of the first competencies), rather it is about how as a physiotherapist you can reflect, communicate, and deliver the best care in the profession you are able to provide with the assumption that you already have all the foundation knowledge.