Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Ireland
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

HelP: FCCPT completed, NPTE and florida jurisprudence passed...still not enough?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me and hopefully save other members some valuable time in the future. Like I said I passed FCCPT, NPTE exams and Florida Law jurisprudence exam. The licensing authority are now saying to me, that I must have a social security number/card in order to obtain my license. As I am a Irish citizen (non-US citizen), the only way I can obtain this is by getting a job. But most employers are looking for licensed PTs only. Its catch 22. No social security = No License, No License = No Job, Without Job= No social security no needed for license....

Am I missing something here..would appreciate any help or direction..

Thanking you in advance......

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Oxford
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: HelP: FCCPT completed, NPTE and florida jurisprudence passed...still not enough?

Im presuming your going through Florida state for a job? If its California i understand as they seem to not allow anything without a SSN....are you applying to jobs directly or is it just the florida PT board that will not licence you? I can imagine your frustration as im just about to finish my FCCPT PLAN stuff ans sit the NPTE in July. It would be good if you could post how things go..

James

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Ireland
    Current Location
    Ireland
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: HelP: FCCPT completed, NPTE and florida jurisprudence passed...still not enough?

Yes James am applying for job in Florida. Basically it is the Florida board who will not issue license without SSN. So word to the wise, it is extremely difficult to get your own job without going through agency as you will not have a license, it will be pending SSN. I presume California is the same way. If anything from what I hear it is even harder. best of luck in NPTE exam.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Oxford
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi John Paul,

Yep CA is a nightmare! Just wondered if youre going ahead with an agency then? Also how was the jurisprudence exam, what material would you reccomend reading for that one?

Cheers, James.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Oxford
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi John,

Ive located some material i think is the documentation for the Jurisprudence exam for Florida but i was wondering if you could let me know what you read etc for the exam, be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, James

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Oxford
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by james_physio_365 View Post
    Hi John,

Ive located some material i think is the documentation for the Jurisprudence exam for Florida but i was wondering if you could let me know what you read etc for the exam, be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, James
    hi john paul, just wondered if you could give me any top tips on the npte exam? Ive got my type 1 certificate now and studying hard for july 31st date but any tips from someone whose taken the exam would be really great, thanks.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Northern Ireland
    Current Location
    Belfast
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi John Paul,

I too am going through this rigorous process of trying to work in Florida as a PT although I am several steps behind you. I have been told by my friend who works for an agency that your Alternate Identification Number (AIN) should keep them happy until you get your SSN. I presume you got your AIN in order to sit the NPTE?

What part of Florida are you hoping to work in?

I am Irish too.

Kind regards

John

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Am a MPT from India.
    I have applied for FCCPT type 1 credential.
    AS am from India I do expect to have some deficiencies in general credits. So I would like to apply for PLAN, make up those deficiencies, do a PLAN re evaluation an then send the report to the jurisdiction. I have not made any application in FSBPT yet.

Is there any facility of not choosing a state now as I do not want my report sent to any jurisdiction but I would need my personal copy.

Am I on the right track. should we apply for npte before starting fccpt. how did u go about it. Please reply. Thanks