Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Indian Physiotherapist- How To Get Fccpt Clearnce To Get Pt Jobs In Usa

To Fellow Physiotherapists,

USA processing for Indian Physical Therapist have become near impossible because of the deficiencies in General Education. When we apply for credentialing, the PT Credentialing board in USA gives the report as deficient in General Education and Professional Education is substantially equivalent.

In Brief:
    General Education – DEFICIENT
    Professional Education- SUBSTANTIALLY EQUIVALENT
    ( Substantially equivalent means an individual has satisfied or exceeded the minimum number of credits required for a United States baccalaureate degree of Physical Therapy.)

Therefore the viable solution for those Indian Physical Therapist who aspire to work in USA would be to make up the deficiency in General Education, in two ways:

( I ) For one you can get general credits in online programs- CLEP (College-Level Examination Program). This will sound easy than it is. Simply enroll, pay the fees and get the credits.
    Check this out.

1. If you are interested to do the online course in a very small University, they will charge you approximately $65 for a Basic Physical Geography and $235 for 5 credits in Math. Visit http://universalclass.com/index.htm for more details.

2. If you are interested to do your credits in a well-known University, for example., University of Phoenix- which is the largest accredited private university in North America and the World’s largest Online University, you will be charged $494 for 3 credits. Each online class lasts five or six weeks. Visit http://www.phoenix.edu/ for more details.

3. At some colleges, you may be able to apply for your CLEP credit to the college’s core curriculum requirements. For example., all students may be required to take at least 6 hours of Humanities, 6 hours of English, 3 hours of Mathematics, 6 hours of Natural Science and 6 hours of Social Science, with no particular subjects in these disciplines specified. In these instances, CLEP credit may be given as “6 hrs- English Credit” or “3 hrs- Math Credit”, without specifying for which English or Mathematics courses credit has been awarded. It costs approximately $60 for a credit. Visit http://www.collegeboard.com/student/...lep/about.html for more details.

4. You can also get your credits in Baker College, which charges $175 per credit. Visit http://www.baker.edu/ for more details.

5. The University of Washington also gives you a very good online course support for which we have to pay $1000 for Humanities-Philosophy with 5 credits, that will take 10 weeks. Within this period, you will have to do 9 assignments and 2 examinations. For 5 credits in Mathematics, they will charge $1000. You will have to give 5 examination for this. Visit http://www.onlinelearning.washington...um/phil120.asp for more details.

IMPORT NOTE: THE COLLEGE- LEVEL EXAMINATION PROGRAM HAS A POLICY THAT CANDIDATES MAY NOT REPEAT A CLEP EXAM OF THE SAME TITLE WITHIN SIX MONTHS. SCORES OF THE EXAMS REPEATED EARLIER THAN SIX MONTHS WILL BE CANCELED AND TEST FEES FORFEITED. FURTHER, THERE IS NO CLEP CENTRE IN INDIA. YOU WOULD NEED TO GO TO PHILIPPINES OR GUAM AND TAKE EACH COURSE TAKEN INDIVIDUALLY. LAB CREDITS IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY CANNOT BE OBTAINED BY CLEP COURSE.

( II ) Understanding the US procedures for Physical Therapy and knowing the status of Indian Physical Therapist, HCMI- a Singapore based company, have come up with a practical solution- DEFICIENCY MAKE-UP PROGRAM (DMP). The DMP program, a 6 month course, is the viable solution for making up general education deficiencies within India. Courses are conducted in BISHOP HEBER COLLEGE, TRICHY for $2,500 and $3000 in Chennai ( enrollment going on for Batch 1 at Loyola and Stella Maris Colleges) for more than 50 credits. If you refer a candidate, who would join DMP program, you will also be awarded a referral bonus of $100.

So, the choice is yours now, because you may be the right person to decide your career by evaluating the above mentioned two ways.

I would like to say that though you would have to spare or spend 6 months for DMP program it will be most effective and worthwhile. If you want any further clarifications, please feel free to write.

Kind regards,
    Mohd Javed Queraishi
    E mail:- [email protected]

Similar Threads:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Javed For This Useful Post:

sonanimital (25-09-2012)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Indian Physiotherapist- How To Get Fccpt Clearnce To Get Pt Jobs In Usa

can we do even lab from india? is it valid when v do a re eval using fccpt?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Netherlands
    Current Location
    Turkey
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello everybody on the path of US license. Very specific question:
    Does FCCPT accepts CLEP college mathematics - 6 credits exam for mathematics deficiency? I only ask because there is not mathematics field in the CWT form.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by physiotherapist_paul View Post
    Mr javed, i would respectfully disregard your post and correct you by stating that there are hundreds of options to complete the credits from india. Yes literally hundreds. I dont know what everyone understands by the word credit but if you work wisely its possible to complete all 60 credits within 6 months that too with a cost that does not exceed around 22 to 25 thousand indian rupees maximum. If you work more wisely the cost may be much much that the previous quote. Only thing you need to spend time and understand the entire thing.

Hi Paul,

I need some information regarding the thing you mentioned above. Have sent you a mail on you id. Please check & get back. Thank you.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

HI
    Am a physiotherapist .I actually wanted to know how to take my credits as i don't know from where to start.I did ask many of my friends but they all gave me different options and now i am literally confused.It would be really great if someone could help me with it as am in Kerala now.I need to start my credits ASAP.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    NJ
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Post Re: Indian Physiotherapist- How To Get Fccpt Clearnce To Get Pt Jobs In Usa

Hey,

My wife is coming on H4 VISA in March. What the steps she need to take to work NJ,USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by usa1physio View Post
    Hello Dr. Javed..
    I m a physio from India completed my BPT in 2010...currently on H4 visa..can u plz let me know about credential evaluation..i mean which type i hav 2 undergo in fccpt...which state wud b better...new jersey or new york..do i need toefl...actualy if u cud help me wid d important steps ,,dn i wud b grateful..tahnx in advance

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    delhi
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi, is there any one whose preparing for the license in Illinois? I am currently in chicago and preparing for the same. Also, can anyone guide me how difficult is it to score 26 out of 30 in toefl ibt speaking section? I am about to give toefl, and a bit terrified because of the high cut off for speaking section. Though i am quite fine in speaking, but just a bit worried abt their scoring criterias.
    Can some of u who got 26 or more, share some experience of urs?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    atlanta, GA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,

Yes FCCPT accepts clep mathematics. One subject in Mathematics is mandatory. I completed clep maths and clep algebra as well and got 9 credits total.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nimi2906 For This Useful Post:

nukalapatinikhil (25-10-2015)

MedWorkforce Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    MD
    Member Type
    Recruiter
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,
    I am a recruiter in USA and we assist H1 candidates with their job search. If you or anyone you know needs help finding H1 PT opportunity in US please email us at [email protected]. Thank you.
    Rinku Shah
    Allied Professional Staffing
    Physical Therapy Jobs - Allied Professional Staffing

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi, I am an indian physio; living in canada.. I have done my B.P.T from RGUHS.I have few queries hope i get answers:

1. I want to take NPTE exam as soon as possible. I have heard that NY state has min requirement so it will take less time. And for NY there is diff process called new york verification: so my que is, do i have to do type 1 verification as well to take NPTE?Or just new york verification is enough?

2. I live in canada and also have tourist visa of US valid for 10 yrs; but i have heard that i can appear for NPTE from canada as well. Is this true? And if true; do i need type 1?

3. If i want to work in US as a physio; do i have to have health care worker certificate? Or do type 1? Or just new york verification is enough for NPTE exam and to work as well?

4. I already had taken TOEFL twice for canadian physiotherapy licensure exam, and have scores valid till Nov and Dec 2015. So was thinking that if at all i need to take toefl again for NPTE or Type 1, i better use that score before it expires.*
    My toefl scores:
    Nov 2013 exam- R20, L20, S26, W25 = total 91
    Dec 2013 exam- R27, L27, S23, W24 = total 101
    is this valid score?

Hope to hear soon from someone...

thanks.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    chennai
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

respected people, please can someone say the current procedure for the - Fccpt Clearnce To Get Pt Jobs In Usa 2016.
    and where can we clear the decifiencies and is general education essential? if so where do they conduct CLEP classes ?

some one please guide me

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Orlando florida
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi my name is Abel I did my credential evaluations through fccpt and I got he reports I could not still understand which all subjects should I CLEP or and what all should I do so if you guys can help me with that it would be much appreciated ]

- - - Updated - - -

Can I have Paul's email id

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Doe
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi, I am a physical therapist from India. Please let me know if someone has started/completed Physical Therapy Board of California (PTBC) process. The process is complex and i would like to have a better understanding of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12