Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Indian Physiotherapist- How To Get Fccpt Clearnce To Get Pt Jobs In Usa

To Fellow Physiotherapists,

USA processing for Indian Physical Therapist have become near impossible because of the deficiencies in General Education. When we apply for credentialing, the PT Credentialing board in USA gives the report as deficient in General Education and Professional Education is substantially equivalent.

In Brief:
    General Education – DEFICIENT
    Professional Education- SUBSTANTIALLY EQUIVALENT
    ( Substantially equivalent means an individual has satisfied or exceeded the minimum number of credits required for a United States baccalaureate degree of Physical Therapy.)

Therefore the viable solution for those Indian Physical Therapist who aspire to work in USA would be to make up the deficiency in General Education, in two ways:

( I ) For one you can get general credits in online programs- CLEP (College-Level Examination Program). This will sound easy than it is. Simply enroll, pay the fees and get the credits.
    Check this out.

1. If you are interested to do the online course in a very small University, they will charge you approximately $65 for a Basic Physical Geography and $235 for 5 credits in Math. Visit http://universalclass.com/index.htm for more details.

2. If you are interested to do your credits in a well-known University, for example., University of Phoenix- which is the largest accredited private university in North America and the World’s largest Online University, you will be charged $494 for 3 credits. Each online class lasts five or six weeks. Visit http://www.phoenix.edu/ for more details.

3. At some colleges, you may be able to apply for your CLEP credit to the college’s core curriculum requirements. For example., all students may be required to take at least 6 hours of Humanities, 6 hours of English, 3 hours of Mathematics, 6 hours of Natural Science and 6 hours of Social Science, with no particular subjects in these disciplines specified. In these instances, CLEP credit may be given as “6 hrs- English Credit” or “3 hrs- Math Credit”, without specifying for which English or Mathematics courses credit has been awarded. It costs approximately $60 for a credit. Visit http://www.collegeboard.com/student/...lep/about.html for more details.

4. You can also get your credits in Baker College, which charges $175 per credit. Visit http://www.baker.edu/ for more details.

5. The University of Washington also gives you a very good online course support for which we have to pay $1000 for Humanities-Philosophy with 5 credits, that will take 10 weeks. Within this period, you will have to do 9 assignments and 2 examinations. For 5 credits in Mathematics, they will charge $1000. You will have to give 5 examination for this. Visit http://www.onlinelearning.washington...um/phil120.asp for more details.

IMPORT NOTE: THE COLLEGE- LEVEL EXAMINATION PROGRAM HAS A POLICY THAT CANDIDATES MAY NOT REPEAT A CLEP EXAM OF THE SAME TITLE WITHIN SIX MONTHS. SCORES OF THE EXAMS REPEATED EARLIER THAN SIX MONTHS WILL BE CANCELED AND TEST FEES FORFEITED. FURTHER, THERE IS NO CLEP CENTRE IN INDIA. YOU WOULD NEED TO GO TO PHILIPPINES OR GUAM AND TAKE EACH COURSE TAKEN INDIVIDUALLY. LAB CREDITS IN PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY CANNOT BE OBTAINED BY CLEP COURSE.

( II ) Understanding the US procedures for Physical Therapy and knowing the status of Indian Physical Therapist, HCMI- a Singapore based company, have come up with a practical solution- DEFICIENCY MAKE-UP PROGRAM (DMP). The DMP program, a 6 month course, is the viable solution for making up general education deficiencies within India. Courses are conducted in BISHOP HEBER COLLEGE, TRICHY for $2,500 and $3000 in Chennai ( enrollment going on for Batch 1 at Loyola and Stella Maris Colleges) for more than 50 credits. If you refer a candidate, who would join DMP program, you will also be awarded a referral bonus of $100.

So, the choice is yours now, because you may be the right person to decide your career by evaluating the above mentioned two ways.

I would like to say that though you would have to spare or spend 6 months for DMP program it will be most effective and worthwhile. If you want any further clarifications, please feel free to write.

Kind regards,
    Mohd Javed Queraishi
    E mail:- [email protected]

Similar Threads:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Javed For This Useful Post:

sonanimital (25-09-2012)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Indian Physiotherapist- How To Get Fccpt Clearnce To Get Pt Jobs In Usa

Thanx 4 the informn!!

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United States
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Search the website www.fccpt.org and go in the applicatants, and there you will get forms for the credential. You need to do Type 1 credential if you seek for both credential and visa screening.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of United Kingdom
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Thanks for the info Dr Javed. Im from the UK and experiencing the same problems. I am deficient in physics, psychology, maths and integumentary science. Is there a DMP in the UK? Have u come across the necessary elements required in each subject? as I do not want to do a full A Level program that takes a year for each subject!!
    Awaiting your reply

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

id i come across ,then i will inform to forum.
    thanx.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi Dr Javed

I am working with IFAN Global, which is an international nursing & physical therapy solutions company, headquartered in the U.S. it has active locations in India, Philippines and Middle East. It trains and recruits healthcare professionals for some of the most prestigious medical institutions in the American continent as well as Middle Eastern countries.

We have several Physiotherapists in our program , who are at various stages of Immigration with us. We have 2 models-Cap Exempt and lottery.

Wanted to know if you would be interested or can refer other physiotherapists for our program.
    Awaiting your reply.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    dallas
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,
    I am a Physical therapist from India. Presently persuing MPH in USA. Could you please guide me about NPTE. I have applied for my credential evaluation for NEW York state. Also could u plz tell me if exam differs for diffrent states?

Thanks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Somewhere in cyberspace
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi My name is Dwijen. I am a physiotherapist from India. I have completed my Bachelors in physiotherapy and at present i am doing job.I want to know which are the states in the USA that are suitable for Indian physiotherapists. I mean which are the states that would meet the general education requirements for an indian physiotherapist and the candidate will not be required to study any further to complete the general education requirements? Is it a wise decision to come to USA at present in the first place? Is it possible for Indian Physios to find jobs over there after clearing the license exams? Are there states in the USA that where a physiotherapist can work as an assistant without license? I need to take a decision quickly about my future so somebody from the Indian Physios please guide me out. Thank you

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    dallas
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,

You can apply for New York and Micchigan state. but their requirements have changed from this july I guess. You need to get the evaluation course evaluation done by FCCPT .. see fccpt.org and collect all the information state wise. but these two states are easier with bachelor's degree from India..

Thanks

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    mumbai
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi myself Ameya PT bachelor's from India ,done with toefl recently speaking 27 currently in process with ICD for credential evaluation,i have to apply for my visa screening confused whether am i eligible for FCCPT type I or CGFNS ?can any one please guide me on the same

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    mumbai
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

i have applied to MDCH on 14th august2009 done with toefl(speaking 27) plannin to sit for NPTE jan 2010 however now i m stuck for visa screen i am bachelor in PT from mumbai india and i came to know thru my friends and online resources that for FCCPT TYPE I (WE LACK GEN CREDITS) AND FOR CGFNS(they require masters degree in PT or bachelors before dec2003) so whr to apply for visa screen as i am eligible to sit for NPTE but not for H1B AS i missed fccpt type II deadline of sep 1st.

can ne1 help me with this as i m plannin to come as a student for MPT program and thereby be eligible for CGFNS or
    MS kinesiology program and complete my GE lack and apply to FCCPT TYPE I (In case they dun chnge it to masters in PT as their requirement).

ne idea of jobs after MS kinesiology?wht kind of job profiles u get, are there ne?or u have to work as a PT since it pays well n jobs avail too(i hope)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    united kingdom
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Smile Re: Indian Physiotherapist- How To Get Fccpt Clearnce To Get Pt Jobs In Usa

Hi,

I have done my masters in UK and applying for credential evaluation but want to do clep course first so that i dnt get any problem in evaluation.I have decided to do biology course.but please explain me do i have to enrol myself in any college online as m in UK.which college will be the best?would biology clep course help me to finish my evaluation?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    san diego
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi all
    I am new to physioforum.
    I am at H4 in California.I have done physiotherapy from delhi,India.
    I am confused among CA and NY or MI license.I know NY n MI requires min.credit for Indian students.
    please tell me should I take a direct path for CA license or should I get NY or MI license and then get it validated here.
    please help

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,
    i'm a physio - did bachelor's (3 &1/2 yrs) from India and Master's from UK, got my credentialing done from ICD for MI and they have mentioned that i'm lacking in :-
    1. Educational Techniques
    2. Communication related to patient care
    3. Emergency Procedures
    4. Cultural Competency
    5. Consultation, Screening & Delegation of Professional Education

So don't know how to make up for these deficient credits??
    Any suggestions buddies???

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi,i am a physio,i have graduated from belgaum in '09...i wanted to get my credits evaluated through the Fccpt but i am unable to understand the procedure...on just the graduate degree does our credits match to appear for the NPTE exam?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

NOW General credits in india
    Hello friends,

Good news for all physiotherapists and physiotherapy students who are aspiring to USA

Many of them Lack general credits to write NPTE exam in usa .

But in hyderabad there is a general credit program which is offering -32 -General credits
    so that makes us eligible to write our NPTE Exam Anywhere in USA..

i am spreading this news because, i am going to USA to write my NPTE.

so,i am going to get my general credits.

Home

COMMIT
    5th Floor, HDFC Bank Building
    S R Nagar
    HYDERABAD 500038
    Ph: 91 - 40 – 66747461/62

(0) 9640317272

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Nadiad
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi...I am Naman,,,,Can u please give tell me the address for physio credit in hyderabad ,,,b cz i m also plang to mve to us after 1 year,,so better i ll finish all the credit here only...
    Thanks
    Naman,,,,,,

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    bangalore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hello Dr. Javed,

thank you for information. i am a student of BPT in RGUHS, Bangalore. i had given my final yr exams. so i am planning for MPT in USA. so i just want to know that to take admission also i need to clear those credits ?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    new jersey
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello Dr. Javed..
    I m a physio from India completed my BPT in 2010...currently on H4 visa..can u plz let me know about credential evaluation..i mean which type i hav 2 undergo in fccpt...which state wud b better...new jersey or new york..do i need toefl...actualy if u cud help me wid d important steps ,,dn i wud b grateful..tahnx in advance

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    USA
    Member Type
    Other
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello Everybody/Javed,
    I am here in the USA as a permanent resident completed my credentials evaluation in CALIFORNIA.
    Credential Evaluation agency told me that I am short on some General Education credits , so I thought of completing them.
    In the meanwhile while I was in India I came across an organization Home : Outsourcing Solutions that told me that they can help me complete my credentials and also help me find a job in the USA.
    Their job is to help people like us complete our Credits and then they will help us prepare for NPTE and thereby help us get a job.
    They mention that they have a tie up with a US University and that our credits are valid once we complete the courses online.
    I can do all the completion of the courses while I am in India

My Question
    Anybody heard about this organization/agency? Is is genuine?
    Anybody come across this agency?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodPhysio For This Useful Post:

sonanimital (05-11-2012)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    usa
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi
    Hi My name is mital.. I am a physiotherapist from India. I have completed my Bachelors in physiotherapy.now i n in tennessee , usa. i want to apply type 1 certificate in FCCPTfor getting tennessee physiotherapy license but i dnt have enough credit so what can i do? nd which type of course is valid to fullfill credit for type 1 certificate?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    USA
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hey Mital
    m doing the same if u could get in touch with me

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Poonam Lotia For This Useful Post:

sonanimital (05-11-2012)

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    usa
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi. nice ti meet you.
    how can i contact you.

thanks .

bye

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    usa
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Student
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

hi.
    Is there anyone ,who apply for physiotherapy licence in tennessee state.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Pune
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Mr javed, i would respectfully disregard your post and correct you by stating that there are hundreds of options to complete the credits from india. Yes literally hundreds. I dont know what everyone understands by the word credit but if you work wisely its possible to complete all 60 credits within 6 months that too with a cost that does not exceed around 22 to 25 thousand indian rupees maximum. If you work more wisely the cost may be much much that the previous quote. Only thing you need to spend time and understand the entire thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast