Country
    Flag of Philippine
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Has anyone passed the qualifying exam for physios in Singapore held in Nanyang Poly?

Took the MOH qualifying exam last January 2008 at Nanyang Poly. Unfortunately, I didn't pass.

It was quite difficult because the evaluation method for the exam was highly subjective, most of the listed reading materials weren't utilized and the students used as dummy patients were poor actors and were unfamiliar with the case.

I've also heard that the exams were conducted by the Singapore Physiotherapy Association (SPA) before responsibility was transferred to Nanyang and I've known of physios who passed the exam conducted by the SPA but I have yet to find someone who emerged victorious from the Nanyang exam.

Am deliberating if it's worth it to try the exam for the 2nd and last (according to the rules) time.

So, has anyone out there passed the Nanyang qualifying exam for physios?

Similar Threads:

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapy Assistant
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Has anyone passed the qualifying exam for physios in Singapore held in Nanyang Poly?

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi guys...anyone about to give QE in 2017?? m planning to give exam in jan2017. want to meet up and share info??

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Singapore
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: Has anyone passed the qualifying exam for physios in Singapore held in Nanyang Poly?

Quote Originally Posted by caveman View Post
    I took the Qualifying Exam this year and passed.

The written exam is fair, with the questions being based around common presentations that you would encounter in each of the three major disciplines (cardio/musc/neuro). The paediatrics and electrotherapy multiple choice were what I found to be the most difficult, with the questions actually being quite particular. The long answer questions required justification, and clinical reasoning. Be sure to also think about exercise prescription; dosage, frequency, aims, monitoring, progression.

The practical exam was relatively straightforward. Each station required you to justify your choice of assessment and treatment through clinical reasoning with respect to anatomy, the patient, their history, pre-morbid mobility, the patient's goals. I found the examiners to be quite fair, and thorough in their questioning as to how you justify your assessment and treatment. Remember to cite evidence (not authors or studies) by saying things like 'Deep neck flexor retraining has been demonstrated to restore the cervical spine's natural lordotic curve and decrease upper cervical extension.... blah blah blah'

If you study well from books like Brukner and Kahn, Kisner and Colby, Pryor and Prassad, and the other listed texts you will be well prepared for the exam.

Best of luck to future candidates!

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you to those who have shared their experiences on the QE on this thread. However, I've noticed that the most recent post re: the format of the exam was posted more than a year ago.

Just a bit of background. I'm a licensed U.S physical therapist, relocating to Singapore for personal reasons. Whatever the outcome of this QE, I am staying in Singapore. Despite having good qualifications, and a solid work-experience, I was told to take the QE because my school was not on their exclusive "list". The thought of having to take yet another exam that will potentially end my practice is frightening and ego-busting.

Anyway, after cross referencing the exam syllabus, reading list and posts from helpful users of this thread, I was hoping to hear from someone with more recent updates on the exam. I'm not asking you to spill the beans, but can I just to pick your brain on your preparation techniques, and/or whatever information that you're comfortable to share. Also, I pledge, that If I do eventually pass the QE, I will as best as possible help other who visit this website, in the middle of the night looking for hope :-)

Has anyone recently taken the Physiotherapy QE in 2016 and would like to share their experience? Please PM me! I'd love to have a quick chat with you!

Regards,
    Biting the bullet

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello everyone,
    Am planning to take the QE exam in this year,so wanted some recent reviews for the same and also need help regarding the study material, or does anyone have practice papers for the reference about the types of questions asked. Also need to know if we can go for some observer-ship for a month or two before taking up the exam?
    Please asap.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    Singapore
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hello there,
    Did you take up the exam. Do let me know, need urgent help for the same.
    Thank you.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    usa
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi,
    Is anyone planning to appear for QE exam ? I have few queries. can anyone please help me with exam guidelines and practical prep for the same ?
    I am already USA licensed therapist and due to personal reasons will be relocating to singapore this year .Hence also looking for employer for visa filing. Does any one know any staffing agency who can file work visa for me .so that i can take up exam.
    Thanks in advance.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of Malaysia
    Current Location
    Malaysia
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Hi, I’m a fresh grad physiotherapist frm Mahsa University, Malaysia. May I know anyone of you having a same background with me and now work as a PT in sg? Would you mind to share some tips about this to me?

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    India
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi I am a fresher who graduated in 2021 with a bachelors in physiotherapy from India

I am a Singapore PR and I’m interested to write this years QE. If anyone can get in touch with me who has written the exam recently and passed, or anyone who’s writing the exam this year, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12