Hi,

wonder if someone is able to help me.

I managed to get registered with AHPRA with my NZ APC in mid November because I was looking to work in QLD and get a state sponsored visa 176 (I only get to 100 points so am going this way). Since getting AHPRA registration, QLD have now taken physio off their own 'occupations in demand' list so in my case I can't go for the 176 visa with QLD and don't want to go for their regional one where you have to live away from the cities. I'd also rather get a state sponsor than an individual one.

I'd love to work in Perth and tried to see if I could do so 3 months ago before registering with AHPRA but at that time you had to apply for registration with the WA physio board seperately from AHPRA and then in my case use the registration to try and get state sponsorship. However at that time the WA governemnt hadn't printed their own 'occupations in demand' list so it wasn't an option as I didn't know if physio would appear on it. Now I see that physio does indeed appear on the priority list for the WA government but they ask for a skills assessment from the Australian Physiotherapy Council (APC) which is fine and easy to complete, however I now can't access the WA physio boards website.

So my questions are:

1) Has anyone recently applied to work inWA and if so what's the process?
2) Does the WA physio board still exist or have you now to get registered with AHPRA like all other states. If WA physio board does exist please tell me how to contact them/access their website.
3) How long has it take people to get a visa. It took me 1 month to get registration with AHPRA.

Hope someone can answer these points for me

thanks
Chris