Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

overseas

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi,
    i need international experience.
    Any country which allows physio as of now without clearing license exams.Need guidance.Atleast anywhere in gulf....thanks.

Similar Threads:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

overseas

dr.billeh (19-08-2017)

Forum Founder Array
    Country
    Flag of Australia
    Current Location
    London, UK
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Re: overseas

Why would you want to work as a physiotherapist in a country that does not require some passing of a formal license procedure? Or at least license via approval or education and training?

Aussie trained Physiotherapist living and working in London, UK.
    Chartered Physiotherapist & Member of the CSP
    Member of Physio First (Chartered Physio's in Private Practice)
    Member Australian Physiotherapy Association
    Founder Physiobase.com 1996 | PhysioBob.com | This Forum | The PhysioLive Network | Physiosure |
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

My goal has always to be to get the global physiotherapy community talking & exchanging ideas on an open platform
    Importantly to help clients to be empowered and seek a proactive & preventative approach to health
    To actively seek to develop a sustainable alternative to the evils of Private Medical Care / Insurance

Follow Me on Twitter

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of India
    Current Location
    chennai,india
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Quote Originally Posted by physiobob View Post
    Why would you want to work as a physiotherapist in a country that does not require some passing of a formal license procedure? Or at least license via approval or education and training?
    Many thanks for your reply.
    License exam only doesnt reflect on treatment outcomes.Only the EXPERIENCE with basic education and bit research ideas may complete the circle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by physiobob View Post
    Many thanks for your reply.
    License exam only doesnt reflect on treatment outcomes.Only the EXPERIENCE with basic education and bit research ideas may complete the circle.

Forum Member Array
    Country
    Flag of New Zealand
    Current Location
    New Zealand
    Member Type
    Physiotherapist
    View Full Profile
    Thanks given to others

Advertise your physiotherapy job on Physiobob's Job
    Hi,
    I am not sure that I understand you, but am I correct in saying that all you want is a bit more experience to work and for research?

License exams have the purpose of quality control. Countries that allow any Physiotherapist to work in their country without any kind of assessment or testing procedure are likely to not have any quality control for Physiotherapists.
    This will mean that
    1) Physios in those countries are very likely NOT engaged in any higher educational areas, such as research
    2) Health Professionals in those countries will most likely NOT know what physiotherapy outsome measures are - or will not use them
    3)Since anyone can work as a Physio, your 'international experience' will not be easily acepted as Physiotherapy in countiries with qualification authorities.

Why don't you contact Volunteer Agencies?
    Volunteer Physiotherapist | Mitula Jobs

Just as an example.

Good luck,
    Fyzzio